Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Opera not syncing (Read 6165 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Opera not syncing
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2014 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Well, although Opera may be a nightmare for Opera Software, we do hope to get back with it after the dust settles.

Regarding my recommendation for now, there is good news.  Ken Case of the Omni Group has, during the last year, found time to resurrect the venerable OmniWeb web browser.  Scroll through the 13 pages of comments and you'll see that development is active, and he just published another update a couple weeks ago.

BookMacster has had import/export capability with OmniWeb 6 for several months now.  You can download the latest version of OmniWeb 6 from here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Clyde
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Ok, so I read the support doc &  I'm kind of gathering that Opera is a nightmare and not possible to sync bookmarks at this time.
I'm going to steer clear. 

My main browsers are Safari & Chrome & Firefox.
I use different browsers when I need concurrent logins to the same website with different credentials. Also I purpose them differently.  Sooo.... is there a 4th browser to add other than Opera that you suggest that works with Bookmacster?  No big deal, but it would be nice.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2014 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Hello, Clyde.

The fact that you found Show Bookmarks Importer indicates that you are using a current version of Opera, 15 or later.  I just updated our support article regarding Opera 15+.

Regarding that Show Bookmarks Importer, even if it worked, it would import your Opera 12 bookmarks into Opera's Stash which is probably not what you want; it is certainly not very useable for normal-sized (hundreds, thousands) bookmarks collections.  I think that was an early (autumn 2013) attempt by Opera Software to deal with complaints from users regarding loss of their Opera 12 bookmarks, and lack of a bookmarking facility.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Clyde
Opera not syncing
May 26th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

Life is good here in the world of BookMacster in general.  I use it now at home and work  and on multiple browsers.

Today I setup a new BookMarkShelf to manage & sync one browser only - Opera.

During setup, bookmarks from Opera imported as prompted, as expected.  Then I enabled sync and tried to send them TO Opera (the first setup wipe).  That's when things went wrong.  My bookmarkshelf "emptied" although Opera remained unchanged.  I tried next to import from Opera to the now-empty bookmarkshelf and nothing imported.

I noticed that now in Opera that "Show Bookmark Importer" is now grayed out.

I tried to create a new Bookmarkshelf.  to no avail.
I tried to delete & reinstall Opera - to no avail (AND the "Show Bookmark Importer" is still grayed out in Opera)

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Clyde

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint