Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "Add & Inspect" not working (Read 4602 times)
sheepcore
Re: "Add & Inspect" not working
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
ALTERNATIVE 2 already resolved the issue for me:

"Sheep-Sys-UrlHandler" was not responding.
After force-quitting it and restarting Bookmacster I can now bookmark again as used to.

Thanks for your help!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: "Add & Inspect" not working
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Hello sheepcore,

Thank you for the report, but we need to dig deeper because it works for me.  In the past 15 minutes, I just added a dozen bookmarks with Add & Inspect, using combinations of Firefox 30.0, Firefox 32.0 ("Aurora"), BookMacster 1.22.8 and BookMacster 1.22.9 (Alpha).  No trouble found.

I wonder if maybe something has hung up the "port" which is used for communication between Firefox and BookMacster.  Depending on how deeply you want to get into this, please try one of…

ALTERNATIVE 1

• Just restart the computer.

ALTERNATIVE 2

• In Applications > Utilities, launch the Activity Monitor.  Enter, one at a time, "firefox", "sheepsys", and "bookmac" into the search field.  In each case, it should find one and only one process running: Firefox, Sheep-Sys-UrlHandler, and finally BookMacster.

ALTERNATIVE 3

• Launch Firefox if it is not running.
• In Applications > Utilities, launch Terminal.  Copy and past in this command…
    sudo launchctl bstree | grep sheepsystems
• Give your Mac account password as requested.
• Verify that it shows one and only one answer…
    A  com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.ExtoreFirefox.ToClient
• Quit Firefox.
• Verify that you get no results (just another Terminal prompt).

If none of that helps, update to BookMacster 1.22.9 Alpha (because there is no sense working on anything but the latest version), and/or in BookMacster run from the menu Help > Trouble Zipper and send me the results.  Maybe there will be some clues in there.  You may answer Don't Include to all of the questions because this issue is not likely to involve any of your bookmarks data.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sheepcore
"Add & Inspect" not working
Jul 15th, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Today "Add & Inspect" from FF 30.0 to BM 1.22.8 stopped working ... nothing seems to happen ... the bookmark is not added. Cry

I tried restarting FF and re-installing the Plugin and re-adding the menu entry ... no success :/

What is different to me though is:
If testing the plugin from the Add-Ons manager it claims the menu items not to be present after the test, the plugin is recognized.
Adding the menu items and starting FF again the result is the same with the next test ...  Shocked

How to get things syncing again?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint