Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1.22.34 crashes FF 36 (Read 8438 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 1.22.34 crashes FF 36
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up, sheepcore. 

Yes, I hardly ever advise people to reinstall apps in OS X, because it hardly ever fixes anything.  (This is because of the smart way in which OS X keeps user data separate from properly-designed apps.)  But hardly ever does happen once in awhile!

I'll try to be more quick on the trigger to blame others Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sheepcore
Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
After trying the updated version and installations with all add-ons disabled ... either did not work ... I restarted with a clean installation of FF and am back up.

IP Logged

sheepcore
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I just sent you the zip in an email.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Hello, sheepcore.

I've been running Firefox 36 on the from Developer Channel for the last few weeks and have had no crashes.  Also, I just updated to Firefox 36 on their Release Channel, checked a few things, and it works perfectly.

There was a bug which caused Firefox 34+ to crash after adding several bookmarks to BookMacster directly via BookMacster's Firefox menu items, but that's different than what you're describing here, and also it was fixed a month ago.

Maybe there is a conflict with some other extension or something in your Firefox profile.  Please send me a Trouble Zipper report (in BookMacster, click in the menu: Help > Trouble Zipper), and when it asks, it would be good to include your Firefox bookmarks, in whatever profile is crashing if you have more than one Firefox profile.

Trouble Zipper will include a list of all of your other extensions.  I hope I can reproduce the problem!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sheepcore
1.22.34 crashes FF 36
Mar 1st, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Installation of the browser addon in FF 36.0 with v1.22.34 crashes FF, reproducibly.
I have to start in safe mode to be browsing again ... :/

Is there a crash report or else I can send you to fix this?

Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint