Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New BookMacster 2.0 won't open my bookmark file (Read 6504 times)
Spaceman
Re: New BookMacster 2.0 won't open my bookmark file
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

Thanks for the update but sorry to hear that it requires 10.10.

Our IT department is typically more than a year behind on OS updates and we have not been updated to 10.10 yet.

I'm hoping it will be soon.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
My apologies.  BookMacster 2.0 will not work in OS X 10.8 or 10.9 as stated in our Check For Update news (until it was corrected a few minutes ago), but in fact requires OS X 10.10 or later.  An unfortunate error in our automated quality control process allowed this to slip out the door.

Users who do not have OS X 10.10 or later should stick with BookMacster 1.22.43 until you upgrade to OS X 10.10 or later.  If you have purchased an upgrade license already, send us email and we shall issue a refund.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

Per you request, I re-downloaded version 2 from the link you provided. That did not fix the issue. My bookmark file will still not open.

I then downloaded version 1.22.41 from the link you provided and it works fine. Opens my existing files.

I then generated the requested Trouble Zipper file and have emailed it to you.

Please let me know what I need to do next.

Regards

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Hello, Spaceman.

Sorry for the delay, but the good news is I just found the spam filter which eating up notifications from the Forum.

Sometimes, when installing an app, OS X does not copy all components of the app.  Please try to re-download BookMacster 2.0 from this link.  If that doesn't fix the problem, revert to BookMacster 1.22.41 by downloading from this link

If your file does not work with the redownloaded BookMacster 2.0, please send it to me using Trouble Zipper…

Please do this when you have a few minutes:

• Activate BookMacster
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper
• For Question F (Files), answer "Search"
• Send me the resulting .zip as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Spaceman
New BookMacster 2.0 won't open my bookmark file
Oct 22nd, 2015 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Just installed the new BookMacster 2.0 but it won't open my existing bookmark file.

It appears to be trying to open a nonexistent bookmark file in the following location:

~/Library?ApplicationSupport/BookMacster/Bookmarkshelf Documents

I get a window that says  "Processing Bookmarkshelf.bkmslf" but it never finishes.

I can also go into BookMacster and tell it to open and then navigate to my actual bookmark file, which is stored in Dropbox, but all I get is the same window saying "Processing Bookmarkshelf.bkmslf" but it never finishes.

This is the same file I have been using with the previous version.

Additional things I have tried.

-Relaunched BookMacster 2 while holding "Option" key and chose "create new bookmark file. This did not do anything (i.e. no new file created.

-Navigated to a different bookmark file I had and tried to open it (incase original one was corrupted). That resulted in the same persistent "Processing" window.

I am running Mac OS 10.9.5.

Right now, I am dead in the water and can not access any of my bookmarks!

Please help!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint