Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color After Upgrade (Read 3070 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color After Upgrade
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Hello, MrX.

Not the end of the world.  But a new world.  The reason why all of those other icons are black and white is because that’s what the Apple Human Interface Guidelines document has specified for the last few years.  When I try to speculate why Apple did this, I find myself getting sarcastic.  So I won’t.

When we updated our apps to Version 2, we complied with this new specification, almost…

If you click in the menu: BookMacster > Preferences, then click the Appearance tab, you’ll see that you have three choices: (None), grayscale, and black+white.  Leaving in the grayscale is a compromise to some users who did not like the black+white.  But color is out.

Fighting with Apple is always futile in the long run.  Apple could refuse to display color or grayscale icons in OS X 10.12 or 10.13.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color After Upgrade
Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
I applied the latest upgrade this morning and now the Bookmacster icon is black and white instead of color. And I cannot locate a preference setting to change its appearance. . .

I realize that it's not the end of the world. But it makes finding the icon more difficult since I have many B&W icons in the finder menu bar.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint