Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic service specific syncing vs Dropbox (Read 2903 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: service specific syncing vs Dropbox
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Advantages of the Bridge Mac method using one of iCloud, Firefox Sync, Opera Sync or sign in to Chrome

• One less service (Dropbox) is involved, so less can go wrong.  Nowadays, you are probably using at least one of those browser-specific services to sync to a mobile device anyhow.

Advantages of using Dropbox:

• Say you have a iMac which you leave home and a MacBook Pro for travelling.  If you leave town for two weeks, if your iMac is your Bridge Mac then no bookmarks will be synced for two weeks.   But if you use the Dropbox syncing method and have our app on both Macs, it will still work.

Conclusion

I recommend the Bridge Mac.  For travellers, make that MacBook Pro your Bridge Mac!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

camner
service specific syncing vs Dropbox
Dec 13th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I have read about the two methods of syncing, either using SynkMark (or Bookmacster) one "bridge" machine and using the service specific sync (iCloud, Google Sign in, etc) or using Dropbox and thus using BookMacster only to manage the updating of the various browsers on multiple machines.

What I DON'T know are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.  Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences to share about this?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint