Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exports to Opera Fail with Error 3044 or 3045 (Read 2531 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Exports to Opera Fail with Error 3044 or 3045
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
We've completed the engineering work to fix this issue.

The fix is in BookMacster Sync extension version 42, which has just been submitted to Opera for review, and in version 2.5.6 of our apps, which we plan to publish after Opera approves the new extension.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Exports to Opera Fail with Error 3044 or 3045
Mar 2nd, 2018 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Alas, the recent BookMacster/Synkmark update to version 2.5.5 does *not* fix the issue some users are experiencing with Opera.

The issue is that

• Opera made it impractical to do fast efficient direct exports in Opera 48.
• We therefore disabled direct exports to Opera in BookMacster 2.5.
• BookMacster/Synkmark must now always use a coordinated export instead.
• But Opera limits the size of coordinated export messages.
• Therefore, exports to Opera of a large number of changes will fail with Error 3044 or 3045.
• Even if user haven’t changed much recently, the export may still be “large” because item identifiers were changed by Opera 48 when it rejected our direct exports.

So we need to rewrite the export operation to detect when the export is “large”, break it up into chunks, send each chunk in a separate message.  We must also modify our Opera extension to recognize and stitch the chunks back together.  I started work on this today.  After I am done, Opera Software in Norway must approve the modified extension, which in the past has taken just a few days for me, but some developers have experienced much longer approval times.

The bright side is that, once this is fixed, it will also eliminate errors when doing large exports to Chrome (which the user can still recover from by forcing a direct export), and also we'll be sitting pretty if Google ever decides to make the same policy change as Opera has done.

So, look for a future update to fix this issue.  I’ll be back next week!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint