Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Straight HTML Export (Read 6360 times)
pseudoelvis
Ex Member
Re: Straight HTML Export
Reply #4 - May 12th, 2018 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Jerry, you guys are the BEST! I am working with this now!

Thank You!

-BookMacster Customer for Life!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 12:09am
Print Post  
The hard part (importing) is done.  Importing and Exporting of these old .html files will be available in BookMacster 2.5.8, which we expect to publish within the next week.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

pseudoelvis
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Jerry, thank you so much for the thoughtful reply.

I knew about the Safari trick, but I keep 2 Bookmark repositories - a working one, and a larger archive one. I had to do this because I ran into serious problems syncing the 8500 Bookmarks I had with Safari without errors. Now I split my bookmarks up now and only sync about 2200 to Safari. 

I would ideally like to create a new one and keep all of my portable work ones to service the use case originally described - the number is more around 200 of these. Further, 200 or so is just manageable and feasible to browse in an HTML file; 2400 of these would be another matter, however.

I do notice you guys support XBEL, but this is not understood natively amongst browsers. I was hoping you might consider adding a straight HTML export option to BookMacster - this would be ideal.

I was also considering an XBEL - HTML converter script like the GitHub project at github.com/chbarts/xbel2html2, but it would be handy to just export the needed file from BookMacster without intermediate steps.

Thanks again for your response, I love BookMacster and really enjoy it, and your responsiveness adds a new layer of appreciation for SheepSystems and your products Smiley.

-E

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Straight HTML Export and raindrop.io
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Hello, elvis..

Thank you for the post.

Regarding the export to a .html file, somewhere on this forum you'll find me lamenting that the old Netscape .html bookmarks file format is still in use.  So I'll skip that rant.  For now, the workaround is to use Safari which has that feature…
  1. In BookMacster, File > Export to Safari
  2. In Safari, File > Export Bookmarks…
If you're regularly syncing with Safari, the first step is already done  Smiley

Regarding raindrop.io, OK it looks like they're here to stay, and they now offer a "API", which is what we need to integrate with them.  So I've just bumped this up on the new features to consider list.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

pseudoelvis
Ex Member
Straight HTML Export
Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I have recently started a job that requires me to use several windows machines with different browsers.

I would like to use BookMacster still to organize my bookmarks.

I have chosen to use raindrop.io to manage my common bookmarks due to it's encompassing browser compatibility and cross-platform apps.

In lieu of a direct sync feature, I would like to regularly export my BookMacster book marks to an HTML file that can be imported into the bookmarks.io application, but the option to export straight HTML does not exist.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get a straight-up HTML-fromatted export from BookMacster?

If the product guys are on this forum, how may I ask for a raindrop.io sync to be a considered feature request?

-E

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint