Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Coming from Xmarks: Syncing with Windows and iOS (Read 4326 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Coming from Xmarks: Syncing with Windows and iOS
Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Sorry, I neglected your Question 4.

4.  Yes, using BookMacster's Export Exclusions feature.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Thorz
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your answers.

I have been reading a little more and it seems that #3 could be done using the iCloud app on Windows which can sync iCloud bookmarks with IE, now I just have to check if this is not blocked by the corporate firewall.

I guess #4 would only be possible using BookMacster between 2 Macs but no having Windows at work?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Hello, Thorz.

Thank you for contacting us. 

1.   Short answer: Yes.  Syncing through iCloud and Google Sign In is always two-way.  Syncing through BookMacster is two-way by default.  (It can be restricted to one way in a document's tab Settings > Clients by switching OFF a Import or Export checkbox.)

2.  Yes.

3.  Ah, I was afraid you would ask that.  I have not researched that and do not know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Thorz
Coming from Xmarks: Syncing with Windows and iOS
Apr 26th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Hello

Now that LogMeIn has decided to kill Xmarks I am thinking on getting a BookMacster license. I love the idea of total power over organizing my bookmarks with folders, ratings, history, recently accessed and more. It appears that BookMacster offers a great deal of what I am looking for.

I have some questions that were not answered after reading the Multi-Device Sync Configurations page (http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/SSYMH.04.11.html#syncMultiDesign):

I use a Mac (High Sierra) as my main computer at home an it is on 24/7. My main browser is Chrome. My other devices I need my bookmarks synced to are:
  • iPhone 7 (Safari)
  • iPad Pro (Safari)
  • Windows PC at work (Chrome and IE)

I think that the best way to have all my bookmarks in sync within all my devices is using Alternative 1 from the Multi-Device Sync Configurations page. I think I will be using Chrome Sync and iCloud Sync as my syncing services for dealing with iOS and Chrome in Windows.

These are my questions:

1. Can the syncing with Safari on the iOS devices be 2-way sync? So if I add a new bookmark on Safari in my iPhone is this bookmark going to be added also to BookMacster on the Mac, from there to Chrome and from there to Chrome in Windows?
  2. Is adding new bookmarks in Chrome in Windows going to be handled also as a 2-way sync by BookMacster so this changes get synced with Safari on the Mac and from there to iOS?
  3. How can I deal with IE in Windows? Is there any way to get 2-way sync with it?
  4. Is it possible to exclude some bookmark folders from being synced to the Windows PC at work?

I appreciate your help with these questions and any comments about my planned setup. Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint