Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Synkmark doesn't see Chrome browsers? (Read 3754 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Synkmark doesn't see Chrome browsers?
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2018 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up, sup.

The current version of our app for advanced users, BookMacster, supports Canary and Chromium.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sup
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply, and my report was in error, as it turns out I did not have a base Chrome install on this machine, just Chromium and Canary.

I'm a software tester, and I do a lot of cross-browser work, so I actually was hoping that Synkmark would support the Chrome variants, alas.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2018 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Hello, sup.

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all, it looks like Synkmark does not support Canary or Chromium.  I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature.  If it's a feature, the thinking was probably that we wanted to make Synkmark as simple as possible, and understanding the differences among Chrome, Canary and Chromium was unnecessary cognitive overhead.  If it's a bug, I suppose one could argue that simple users will not have Canary or Chromium installed, therefore it should not appear, therefore no cognitive overhead.  If you know of somewhere in our web page which states that Synkmark does support Canary or Chromium, then it's a bug (which is easily fixable).

Let's move on to Chrome.  I just tested this with Chrome 66 and it works fine for me.  Allow me to restate what I think you are saying, to make sure I understand.  If you have not already done so, please do the steps given…

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

• Run Synkmark.
• Click in the menu: Synkmark > Preferences.
• Click the tab Syncing.
• In the list of Synced Browsers at the bottom, Chrome is not listed.
• Click the [+] button at the bottom left, to add a browser.  A popup menu appears.

EXPECTED RESULT

Chrome is one of the items in the popup menu.

ACTUAL RESULT

Chrome is not one of the items in the popup menu.

Does that describe the situation?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sup
Synkmark doesn't see Chrome browsers?
May 24th, 2018 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Trying out Synkmark, and it only sees Firefox and Safari as installed browsers Sad I have Chrome, Chromium, and Canary all installed on the target machine, it doesn't register any of them. All of them are 66.x versions. Synkmark is version 2.8.1. I already tried the Reset procedure, which didn't help.

Machine is OSX High Sierra latest patch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint