Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Support for BRAVE Browser? (Read 8633 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Support for BRAVE Browser?
Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Thank you for clarifying the Safari vs. Brave thing.  It worked fine in Safari  Smiley

Anyhow, it looks like we forgot to put in a script for Brave which is needed for the add bookmark via Menulet or Dock menu feature.  We'll fix it in the next version.  And we'll look at the crash reports which were included in your report too.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rowan
Ex Member
Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 7:45pm:
We have now published version 2.9.11 of BookMacster, Markster, Synkmark and Smarky.  Version 2.11 supports the Brave web browser.

Just a note BookMacster (under High Sierra) likes to crash when attempting to manually bookmark a URL in Brave. (I submitted a zip file via your Dropbox system this morning and mistakenly said the crashes were happening using Safari but then realized BookMacster is crashing using Brave.)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
We have now published version 2.9.11 of BookMacster, Markster, Synkmark and Smarky.  Version 2.11 supports the Brave web browser.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Hello, sporkman.

Thank you for contacting us.  The news is that support for the Brave Browser, and all other new features, is still on hold pending resolution of all known issues with macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Regarding Ungoogled Chromium, the current version of BookMacster will not fully support, (with automatic syncing) this unless it uses the same file locations and bundle identifier as the FreeSMUG Chromium which we support.  Maybe they do and maybe they don't.  (Because FreeSMUG was the only Chromium until recently, we refer to it in our documentation and user interfacee as simply Chromium.  It is confusing!)

If not, you can still import from and export to almost any browser manually by clicking in the menu: File > Import from only… or Export to only… > Choose file (advanced)… and then choosing its Bookmarks file (you need to know where to find that) while it is not running.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

sporkman
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 7:17pm:
I examined Brave today.  Good news – they did everything to make it easy for us:

Smiley Runs Chrome extensions.
Smiley Installs extensions from the Chrome web store, so no hassle with another review and approval regime.
Smiley Bookmarks structure exactly the same as that of Google Chrome.

So you should see Brave support in a future version of BookMacster and Synkmark.

Any news on this?

Just installed it today after digging around and it seems pretty decent. Of note, it seamlessly imported everything from my Chrome install. I'm not liking the direction chrome is going with their new login scheme that's always nagging to login on sites that support google's auth.

Alternately, any issues with using "Ungoogled Chromium"?  Should that one just be plug and play?

https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2018 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I examined Brave today.  Good news – they did everything to make it easy for us:

Smiley Runs Chrome extensions.
Smiley Installs extensions from the Chrome web store, so no hassle with another review and approval regime.
Smiley Bookmarks structure exactly the same as that of Google Chrome.

So you should see Brave support in a future version of BookMacster and Synkmark.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Guices
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
I've been using Brave for a while now too. It's not the best browser ever, but it's a solid one for sure. I hope it does gain some more popularity and becomes supported by you guys.

IP Logged

IssaquahAlps
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I'll second this request for Brave. Both my wife and I use it. Agree with you Jerry that there has been a lot of browsers come and go, but this one seems to have some staying power. Thanks!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 6:11am
Print Post  
I would say: Not this month and not next month, because our work queue is quite full.  We might have time to take a look at it after macOS 10.14 Mojave is released.  We've seen many "next big thing" web browsers come and go over the years.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Gilbert Osmond
Support for BRAVE Browser?
Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
When will BookMacster support the BRAVE Browser? (https://brave.com/features/)

This is a Firefox-derived browser which is gaining popularity for its built-in privacy enhancing functions, and its innovative token-based compensation scheme. (Micropayments to websites.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint