Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Auto-syncing is completely not working... (Read 7715 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Auto-syncing is completely not working...
Reply #9 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Well, since my last post, 4 of those 7 users have reported back to say that, eventually, version 2.9.6 solved the problem for them.  Also, today we published version 2.9.7 which has some additional fixes.  Admittedly, this has been a challenging transition to support macOS 10.14 Mojave, but I think we're catching up with it.

During our three-test of version 2.9.7 (we have a script which adds bookmarks to browsers at varying intervals, every 15 to 160 seconds), syncing only broke once.  We'll be working on that rare case.  The workaround in this case, and whenever syncing has been seen to stop, is to launch BookMacster, Synkmark or Smarky and click in the application menu: Reboot Sync Agent.  And if anyone would be so kind as to send us some data, before doing that, click in the menu: Show Syncing StatusSend us an email, tell us what happened and paste in the Syncing Status Report.  Of course, you might want to check out Top Reasons for Syncing Trouble too.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ming
Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Just to report back that I ran into the same issue with ver. 2.9.1 on macOS 10.14.1, and ver. 2.9.6 has fixed it for me.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 12:15am
Print Post  
So far, 4 users have reported that BookMacster/Synkmark 2.9.6 fixed the issue, but 7 users have reported that it does not.  So we are still working on it.  It still works great for me Undecided

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
We've just published version 2.9.5 of our apps which improves the reliability of syncing.  Because this issue is not exactly reproducible, it may not fix everything for everyone.  Actually there are still a couple issues we are investigating, so it is possible that a further improved version will be released within a week (maybe on the Beta channel). 

Although clicking in the application menu "Reboot Sync Agent" is still recommended as a quick fix (if only temporary) for all syncing issues, if you want to send us a Trouble Zipper report (menu Help > Trouble Zipper), do this immediately after launching the app so it will be more likely to report the current state of affairs.  "Reboot Sync Agent" destroys much of the "evidence".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
We're working on this.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

AppleUser
Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
My synching is also not working and I am seeing the same issues of not being able to reboot the agent.  I am using BookMacster

IP Logged

Chaner
Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Hello, Chaner.

Thank you for contacting us.

I know that the Uninstall and maybe the Reset and Start Over are broken in macOS 10.14.1.  Also, these app cleaner apps always take some guesses which are often wrong.  But uninstalling or reinstalling don't usually fix anything anyhow.

Let's concentrate on Reboot Sync Agent returning an error.  That's a new issue which we've never seen but is certainly central to why syncing is not working for you.you

• First, ensure that you have Synkmark 2.9.2 (or later).  If not, click in the menu: Synkmark > Check for Update and get 2.9.2.

Assuming that you are having the trouble with Synkmark 2.9.2 (or later),

• Begin a email message to support@sheepsystems.com.
• Run Finder.
• Click in the menu: Go > Utilities.  A window will open.
• In the window that opens, find and double-click to launch Terminal.app.  A window will open.
• Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window:

ps -alxww | grep BkmxAgent | grep -v grep

• Hit return.  Terminal should respond by printing one line of text that looks something like this:

501 24930  1  4004   0  20  0  4364856  18512 -  S  0 ??  0:00.41 com.sheepsystems.BkmxAgent-20181102-190815

• Copy and paste whatever it prints (maybe there will be more than one line, which is bad) into the email message to us.
• Close the Terminal window or quit the Terminal app.
• If you got more less than one or more than one line of text, send the email message to us and ignore the remaining steps below.
• Back in the Finder window, double-click to launch Activity Monitor.app.  A window will open.
• Into the filter field at the upper right, enter BkmxAgent.  The results table should filter to one line.
• Click the tab Disk.
• Select the BkmxAgent line in the results table.
• In the upper left of the window, cilck the i Info button.  Another window will open.
• In the new window, click the tab Open Files and Ports.
• In the menu, click Edit > Select All (Don't select with mouse because you may miss lines scrolled off the bottom.)
• In the menu, click Edit > Copy.
• Paste all of the text copied into the email message to us.
• Send the email.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you so much for the above instruction. I have emailed the support team. Looking forward to see the fix for this issue. Wink

IP Logged

Henry Wu
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 6:05am
Print Post  
I encountered the same errors in 10.14.1 Sad

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Hello, Chaner.

Thank you for contacting us.

I know that the Uninstall and maybe the Reset and Start Over are broken in macOS 10.14.1.  Also, these app cleaner apps always take some guesses which are often wrong.  But uninstalling or reinstalling don't usually fix anything anyhow.

Let's concentrate on Reboot Sync Agent returning an error.  That's a new issue which we've never seen but is certainly central to why syncing is not working for you.you

• First, ensure that you have Synkmark 2.9.2 (or later).  If not, click in the menu: Synkmark > Check for Update and get 2.9.2.

Assuming that you are having the trouble with Synkmark 2.9.2 (or later),

• Begin a email message to support@sheepsystems.com.
• Run Finder.
• Click in the menu: Go > Utilities.  A window will open.
• In the window that opens, find and double-click to launch Terminal.app.  A window will open.
• Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window:

ps -alxww | grep BkmxAgent | grep -v grep

• Hit return.  Terminal should respond by printing one line of text that looks something like this:

501 24930  1  4004   0  20  0  4364856  18512 -  S  0 ??  0:00.41 com.sheepsystems.BkmxAgent-20181102-190815

• Copy and paste whatever it prints (maybe there will be more than one line, which is bad) into the email message to us.
• Close the Terminal window or quit the Terminal app.
• If you got more less than one or more than one line of text, send the email message to us and ignore the remaining steps below.
• Back in the Finder window, double-click to launch Activity Monitor.app.  A window will open.
• Into the filter field at the upper right, enter BkmxAgent.  The results table should filter to one line.
• Click the tab Disk.
• Select the BkmxAgent line in the results table.
• In the upper left of the window, cilck the i Info button.  Another window will open.
• In the new window, click the tab Open Files and Ports.
• In the menu, click Edit > Select All (Don't select with mouse because you may miss lines scrolled off the bottom.)
• In the menu, click Edit > Copy.
• Paste all of the text copied into the email message to us.
• Send the email.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2018 at 12:45pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Chaner
Auto-syncing is completely not working...
Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:17am
Print Post  
I recently updated my MacBook Pro to 10.14.1. I had the Synkmark setup to sync bookmarks between my Safari and Chrome. Safari is my default browser and has more priority as I set it above Chrome on Sync setup page.

Since the system update, I notice the bookmarks only sync from Chrome to Safari but not the other way around. And a few days later, the bookmarks are not auto-syncing at all...

I tried the below method:

- Click the reset and start over end up having Synkmark quit unexpectedly. Reopened the software and it was not reset. 
- Click uninstall would end up having the same error like the above.
- Click reboot agent would have the error "Reboot Failed"
           No report
           Error:
           Could not communicate with Sync Agent (BkmxAgent) after it was supposedly restarted

- Uninstall Synkmark completely via Cleanmymac and reinstalled it. But found that the bookmarks were not deleted and all setups still exist...

After all the above actions, auto-syncing is still not working. I reboot my computer after every action. Manual import and export still work.

The software works the first few days for me... But not anymore. Could anyone help me?  Sad Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint