Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster to keep my bookmarks in sorted order (Read 2635 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster to keep my bookmarks in sorted order
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Hello Helen Harry.

Thank you for contacting us.  There are two ways to eliminate the Safe Sync Limit warnings.

1.  Recommended: When you want to do bookmarks housecleaning, once a week, month, or whatever, launch BookMacster, open the .bmco file and do your housecleaning (moves deletes, etc.) in BookMacster.  When you are done a click to quit BookMacster, it will prompt you to export.  Export to all browsers and quit.

2.  Not recommended: Increase the Safe Sync Limits from the default 25 to some large number, infinity (∞) if you never want to be bothered.

You may want to read more detail the trade-offs involved.

Regarding whether you should be using a different app: New users who only want their bookmarks automatically synced and/or sorted should probably choose Synkmark or Smarky.  Smarky is for users who only use Safari; Synkmark includes support for Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and others too.  But the only difference is these two apps and BookMacster is that Smarky and Synkmark support only this specialized use case and are therefore simpler for new users to configure.  Since you've already got BookMacster installed and working, it would not be worth the trouble to switch.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Helen Harry
BookMacster to keep my bookmarks in sorted order
Jan 14th, 2019 at 3:45am
Print Post  
I am using BookMacster to keep my bookmarks in sorted order. That is all I really do. But often I am adding, deleting or moving many bookmarks at a time and I get the error that I have exceeded the limit. And that screws me up. I don't know what to do because the next sync undoes all the moves I just made. I have four macs (two mac pro's and two iMacs) and an iPhone and and iPad. I just want the bookmarks to show on all and in order. And if I add a bookmark with one mac to show on the others. I don't use dropbox and just let iCloud sync the devices. Should I be using Smarky?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint