Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color (Read 2557 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Hello, Lee!

Thank you for contacting us.

Your choices for the appearance of the Menu Extra are in menu: BookMacster > Preferences > [i]Appearance[/i] > Menu Extra.  There was a color option until a few years ago, but we removed it in order to conform to changes in the latest Apple design guidelines.  Indeed, the fact that all of the menu extras for all apps are now black and white is by Apple's design.  I think that we color icon would still work at this time, but experienced developers know that if we try and fight with Apple, our app gets broken sooner or later.

Personally, I do not like all of the changes made by Apple in the last decade either.  If only Sir Jonny Ive would pay me a British pound every time I clicked in the wrong place when attempting to move or resize a window, pane or column because Apple has removed the window borders, pane and column separators!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

meobeo u
Menu Extras Bookmacster Icon Color
Jan 15th, 2019 at 8:30am
Print Post  
I applied the latest upgrade this morning and now the Bookmacster icon is black and white instead of color. And I cannot locate a preference setting to change its appearance. . .

I realize that it's not the end of the world. But it makes finding the icon more difficult since I have many B&W icons in the finder menu bar.

Lee!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint