Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic move synkmark to new computer (Read 4063 times)
camner
Re: move synkmark to new computer
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick reply.  I, too, couldn't find anything by searching the Help Book.

The process went smoothly, once I figured out that the "Initializing Sync Agent" error was due to my not having given Synkmark "Full Disk Access."

Now for the proof of the pudding...waiting to see if the new bookmark I added via Chrome gets synced to Firefox and Safari.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: move synkmark to new computer
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Hello, camner.

Yes, I think this is explained in the Help Book or a support article somewhere but I can't find after a quick search.  So here you go:
  1. Quit Synkmark if it is running.
  2. Transfer ~/Library/Preferences/com.sheepsystems.Synkmark.
  3. Transfer ~/Library/Application Support/BookMacster.  Yes, the folder is BookMacster whether you are using BookMacster, Markster, Synkmark or Smarky
  4. Launch (and then quit) Synkmark.  It will automatically do additional configuration upon launching.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

camner
move synkmark to new computer
Jan 29th, 2019 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
I just did a clean install of Mojave to get rid of cruft accumulated over the years.

In my old system, I had carefully set up Synkmark the way I wanted it to operate (and got help from Sheep Systems to do so!).

I have access to a complete clone of my old system.

Is there a way to move the setup from my old system to the new (perhaps by copying appropriate files buried within various Library folders)?  I'm hoping to avoid recreating the setup from scratch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint