Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Manually Organize Root Level? (Read 4084 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Manually Organize Root Level?
Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
The ability to drag and drop items into root is fixed in the upcoming version 2.9.8 of BookMacster, Synkmark, Markster and Smarky which all should see soon.  Thank you for reporting the bug.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rowan
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the work-around suggestion. Will try that.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Hello, rowan.

Thank you for contacting us.  I've reproduced the problem.  It looks like the ability to drag items around the root was broken in a recent BookMacster or macOS update.  We'll try to fix it before publishing BookMacster 2.9.8, tomorrow I hope.

In the meantime, since I see from your screenshot that you only have 10 soft items at root, you can use this workaround:

• Perform a secondary click (right click or control click) on any item you want moved to the bottom of the root.  A contextual menu will appear.
• From that contextual menu click Move to > root.  It will move to the bottom.

Building "from the bottom up" in that way, you can get any desired order in 9x2 = 18 clicks  Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rowan
Ex Member
Manually Organize Root Level?
Feb 4th, 2019 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
I've searched the forum and spent several hours to no avail, so...

Is there a way to simply move folders into the order I want them to appear at the Root level?

Once I create a soft folder it just stays in the position in which it was created until I add another folder or top-level bookmark. I can click-drag Root-level items into other folders, but I simply want to get the top level to display the way I want them to (click-drag up/down).

I've just started using Bookmacster, so I am not doing any kind of two-way sync yet, just using it as a standalone DB of bookmarks, after having imported my 5300 bookmarks from FF & Safari.

I would post a screenshot from snag.gy but the system says that's not allowed until I've made 2 posts...so I'm only halfway there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint