Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Proliferating BookmarksBar Folders in Safari (Read 3263 times)
rowan
Ex Member
Re: Proliferating BookmarksBar Folders in Safari
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2019 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Syncing is off, for sure. Your detailed support article on de-fritzing iCloud bookmarks is more than I can do now but will keep it in mind, thanks.

The whole reason I started using BookMacster is because Firefox lost 4 hours of meticulous bookmark organization for me and since I was already having other issues with Firefox, I just decided it was time to end my dependence on one browser (one that seems constantly in a state of upheaval). So the whole bookmarking thing is a work in progress. Not that you asked but that's what's happening.

thx

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Proliferating BookmarksBar Folders in Safari
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2019 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
BookMacster only affects web browsers like Safari when you click in its main menu: File > Export to…, or if you have enabled Syncing.  Syncing will export to all configured browsers whenever bookmarks changes make it necessary, after you have closed the document and/or quit BookMacster.  Syncing works in the background.

To verify that none of our apps are syncing with web browsers,

• Run BookMacster, Synkmark or Smarky.
• In the main menu, click the application menu (BookMacster, Synkmark or Smarky).
• Verify that, in the menu which appears, the Stop all syncing now menu item is disabled and indicates Nothing to stop.

You can also see the status of Syncing by looking at the Syncing button in the document toolbar, but this does not reflect syncing by other bmco documents which you may have created.  The Stop all syncing now menu item indicates syncing status for all documents, even if they are closed, and even further, all of our syncing-capable apps (BookMacster, Synkmark, Smarky).

Repeated reappearance of deleted bookmark items in Safari indicates that your iCloud is on the fritz.  We have a support article which explains that, and how to fix it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rowan
Ex Member
Proliferating BookmarksBar Folders in Safari
Feb 8th, 2019 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
I do not know if BookMacster has anything to do with this. Not pointing fingers, just pointing out something that's been happening since I started using BookMacster:

In Safari, I've noticed (and tried to delete to no avail, they're like the Walking Dead) many new BookmarksBar folders under the Bookmarks menu. Weirdly, some have bookmarks, some have the original bookmarks that Safari comes with when you start it up fresh, and some are empty. (Note that I'm not syncing BookMacster with Safari...at least I don't think I am.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint