Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Create New Folder With Name (Read 3292 times)
Pletocause
Re: Create New Folder With Name
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Thanks but neither method works.  They just allow me to change the URL or the Name.  I waited  one minute after step 1 and 2 each which should be overkill.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Create New Folder With Name
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Hello, Pletocause.

Thank you for contacting us.  There two easier methods, and these should work in any Mac app with a standard table or outline view. 

METHOD 1

Step 1:  Select the item (the row in the table or outline) by clicking on it in any column.

Step 2:  After the item is selected (the item's row is highlighted), click on the name of the item.  The highlight color behind the name will change and a rectangle, called a focus ring, will appear round it.  This means that the item has keyboard focus.

Step 3:  Begin typing your new name!

You are maybe thinking Huh I did that and it does not work for me – it visits the item in a web browser instead.  That is because, in Step 1 you also clicked the name column, and then you performed Step 2 too quickly after Step 1.  As a result, your two clicks in Steps 1 and 2 were merged by macOS into a single double-click, which in our apps commands Visit.  The amount of time you need to wait is affected by the slider in  > System Preferences > Accessibility > Double-click speed.

The required wait can be annoying, so I usually use this instead…

METHOD 2

Step 1:  Select the item (the row in the table or outline) by clicking on it in any column.

Step 2.  Hit the return key.  The focus ring (described above) appears.

Step 3:  Begin typing your new name!

If you want to edit a column other than Name, hit the tab key after you hit return.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Pletocause
Create New Folder With Name
Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Is there a way to create a new folder and naming it without having to click on "Untitled", opening Inspector, deleting "Untitled", and then typing the new name?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint