Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How do I search URLs? (Read 3447 times)
SURV1V4L1SM
Re: How do I search URLs?
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Oh, duh. Well I feel silly. When it does not have focus the triangle is missing, perhaps that is why I didn't notice.

Thank you Jerry.

Windows version still never coming?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: How do I search URLs?
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2019 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Hello, SURV1V4L1SM.

Thank you for contacting us.

In the Quick Search text field, on the left, you will see magnifying glass icon which has the tiny down-pointing disclosure triangle.  Click it.  A menu will appear.  In that menu you will see that Names and Tags have checkmarks beside them, indicating that they are switched on.  Other fields such as URL are switched off.  This is because, as you have discovered, by default, Quick Search searches in names and tags only.

You can change this to search, or not search, whichever fields you are interested in, such as URL, or not.  Clicking an item which does not have a checkmark switches it on.  Clicking an item which does have a checkmark switches it off.  To verify this, click the magnifying glass again and you will see your changes.  It's a little hidden, but this type of search field has been provided by Apple for, oh, 15 years or more and you will find this in many Mac apps.

If you want to do more heavy-duty searches, click the tab: Reports > Find/Replace.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

SURV1V4L1SM
How do I search URLs?
Apr 27th, 2019 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I BookMacster'd this site the other day:

http://dr.loudness-war.info/

The title is: Album list - Dynamic Range Database

Today I did a Quick Search for "loudness" and I came up with no results: Bookmarks & Folders with "loudness" in Name or Tags - 0 results.

How do I search for strings in the actual URL, is it not possible?

Do I have to alter my behavior and tag URLs with terms from the URL path, that I would naturally search for if it's not in the html title tag?

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint