Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 95041 Error for Chrome (Read 3117 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 95041 Error for Chrome
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2020 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am using Chrome version 41.0.2272.76 (64-bit) under Mac OS X 10.2.2 with BookMacster v BookMacster 1.22.34. Chrome is my default browser.

WOW!! Those Chrome and BookMacster versions are five years old.  (Mac OS X 10.2.2 is like 15-20 years old.  But that must be a typo because BookMacster 1.x required at least, I think, 10.6.)

Quote:
I mostly use BookMacster to sync bookmarks to my other browsers, Safari, Firefox and Opera. BookMacster is set to Import from Chrome, and then to export to the other browsers.

Recently I have noticed that Chrome’s Bookmarks file cannot be imported by BookMacster and Error: 95041 is thrown. This is an error reading the JSON file and that BookMacster could not decode the file.

Although a five year old version of Chrome should work with a five year old version of Chrome, there have always been some rough edges.  You should try the last version of BookMacster 1.x, which was 1.22.43.  There is a link to it at the bottom of this web page.

Quote:
I have tried directly importing the bookmarks from Chrome to Safari and that works perfectly. I can then delete the Chrome bookmark file, promote Safari to the top, import all bookmarks from Safari, and then export them to Chrome and others and this works fine. However, if I open Chrome and then close it immediately without making any changes, I get the 95042 error again when trying to import from or export to the chrome bookmarks file.

I have done extensive cleanup of the Chrome bookmarks file, deleted duplicates, run verifications, etc. I have even removed many folders of bookmarks. The file now contains about 1100 bookmarks. I have also worked with a very simplified version with no folder and only 50 bookmarks. I have seen nothing in the console log. Finally, Chrome has no trouble at all reading its own bookmarks file; nor do other browsers seem to have problems exporting to or importing from Chrome.

Well, if using BookMacster 1.22.43 does not helo, if you would send us that bookmarks file, I would test with the current version of BookMacster and see what happens.  Maybe there is an easy answer.  But before you do that, please think about if you really want to keep running five year old versions of Chrome and BookMacster.  As I understand it, you must have gone through a lot of trouble to prevent Chrome from auto-updating.  And, maybe I'm wrong, but I would think that a lot of web sites would not work very well with a five year old version of Chrome.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

lacazet
95041 Error for Chrome
Feb 23rd, 2020 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I am using Chrome version 41.0.2272.76 (64-bit) under Mac OS X 10.2.2 with BookMacster v BookMacster 1.22.34. Chrome is my default browser.

I mostly use BookMacster to sync bookmarks to my other browsers, Safari, Firefox and Opera. BookMacster is set to Import from Chrome, and then to export to the other browsers.

Recently I have noticed that Chrome’s Bookmarks file cannot be imported by BookMacster and Error: 95041 is thrown. This is an error reading the JSON file and that BookMacster could not decode the file.

I have tried directly importing the bookmarks from Chrome to Safari and that works perfectly. I can then delete the Chrome bookmark file, promote Safari to the top, import all bookmarks from Safari, and then export them to Chrome and others and this works fine. However, if I open Chrome and then close it immediately without making any changes, I get the 95042 error again when trying to import from or export to the chrome bookmarks file.

I have done extensive cleanup of the Chrome bookmarks file, deleted duplicates, run verifications, etc. I have even removed many folders of bookmarks. The file now contains about 1100 bookmarks. I have also worked with a very simplified version with no folder and only 50 bookmarks. I have seen nothing in the console log. Finally, Chrome has no trouble at all reading its own bookmarks file; nor do other browsers seem to have problems exporting to or importing from Chrome.
tks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint