Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Brave Extension Reinstallation Problem (Read 5380 times)
MrX
Re: Brave Extension Reinstallation Problem
Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Well, I am afraid that I declared success too soon. . .  The problem on my Mac Mini returned today.  BookMacster crashed with the same symptoms I described previously.  I received an Error: 2 pop-up which I will email separately.

I tried adding a bookmark using BookMacster’s menu extra as well as the BookMacster icon in the Brave toolbar, with the same result.

IP Logged

MrX
Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Hi Jerry- 

I updated both of our Macs and reinstalled the extension.  I am now able to add bookmarks to Bookmacster.  I'll let you know if we experience any reliability issues but So Far, So Good!

Thanks very much for fixing this issue.   Smiley  I am something of a pack rat when it comes to URL bookmarks and this was driving me Shocked !

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Hello again, MrX.

Thank you for the follow-up.

The issue which caused the Error 112098 has been fixed in BookMacster/Synkmark version 2.10.24 which was published on our Production channel a few days ago.

That crash report… Sometimes crash reports tell the developer exactly what the problem is, usually they are at least helpful, but sometimes they are inscrutable, only indicating that bad stuff went on inside Apple's frameworks.  Unfortuntely, your crash report of 04/08 is one of these inscrutables.

Please Check for Update in BookMacster if you do not already have BookMacster 2.10.24, uninstall and reinstall our extension(s) into Brave (this is actually due to changes in Brave and not related to this issue) and tell me if you have any more trouble after that.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry-

My apologies for not replying sooner but I have had to attend to family health-matters (NOT Covid-19).

The problem is with BookMacster Button. I usually access BookMacster via the icon in the Finder Menu Bar.  When I try to bookmark a URL there is no option displayed to add a bookmark in the drop-down menu.

I am emailing you the 4/8/20 Crash Report. Hopefully it will provide some additional insight into what is happening on my end. I tried using Trouble Zipper to generate a current report but I get an error message about a problem with some of the data.

Update:  The drop-down menu options for adding a bookmark may or may not appear.  When I am able to add a bookmark, it is not for the current URL displayed in the web browser.

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2020 at 12:14am by MrX »  

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Hello MrX.

Regarding the error report which you posted, indeed I see we forgot to add a couple of resources into the package regarding the changes to Brave, and this omission can in cause a new bookmark from Brave to fail to be landed.

I could fix this and publish and update in less than an hour, but I'd like to make sure I understand exactly what is going on first.  For me, the BookMacster Button extension presents that error the first time, but then it works, and continues to work for subsequent bookmarks.  Kind of weird.

So, please do send us the system crash report, and also tell me: Which BookMacster extension in Brave which is not working?  BookMacster Sync or BookMacster Button?  And what is the indication that it is not working?

• The BookMacster Sync extension may or may not appear in Brave's toolbar as three smiling bookmarks, all in color gray.  Clicking the BookMacster Sync extension in the toolbar does not do anything.  It should, however, show its card if you click in Brave's main menu: Window > Extensions.

• The BookMacster Button extension appears in Brave's toolbar as three smiling bookmarks, in colors, from left to right: blue, red green.  This is the extension which adds a new bookmark to BookMacster if you click it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Brave Extension Reinstallation Problem
Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

I have tried following the instructions for reinstalling the Brave extension.  I am experiencing Bookmacster crashing.  The extension installation is not working as well.  I have a copy of the Bookmacster system crash report if needed.

Brave 1.5.123
BookMacster 2.10.22 (2.10.22)
macOS version = 10.13.6

Bookmacster Error Report

NSError 0x7fde38ce29a0
*** code: 112098
*** domain: com.sheepsystems.BookMacster
*** userInfo:
**Key: Method Name
Value: -[DoxtusMenu browmarkInfoViaAppleScriptForExformat:]
**Key: NSLocalizedDescription
Value: (null) (or without +SE) resource not found