Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Deleted Bookmarks Reappear in Reading List (Read 3968 times)
Lew
Re: Deleted Bookmarks Reappear in Reading List
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your reply...

You were correct, of course...iCloud got me again!!  I was thrown off because sync performed correctly when I deleted just one bookmark, but not when I deleted two or more.

I deleted all bookmarks on all devices and clients, which deleted those in iCloud.  I then shut down Safari sync everywhere.  Pushed out bookmarks to Safari on my MacBook Pro...then to Chrome and Firefox.  Then turned on Safari sync.  Did some experimenting and everything is now functioning as it should.

Thank you for your help with this...

Lew

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Deleted Bookmarks Reappear in Reading List
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2020 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hello, Lew.

Well, that How Deleted Bookmarks Reappear covers all of the ways that deleted bookmarks can reappear, if you interpret some of the explanations broadly.  Either BookMacster/Synkmark/Smarky, Safari or iCloud is restoring the bookmarks.

If it is Synkmark, you should see the bookmark's name listed as a "+" in a recent Export, if you click the tab: Reports > Sync Log.  If you see that, was it listed in a Import, just before the offending Export?

Unfortunately, iCloud and Safari do not produce logs of their actions, so they can only be implicated by eliminating BookMacster/Synkmark/Smarky as a culprit, by absence of the aforementioned log entries, or by running for some time with BookMacster/Synkmark/Smarky syncing Paused.  You can eliminate iCloud as a culprit if you have iCloud-Safari syncing switched off.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Lew
Deleted Bookmarks Reappear in Reading List
Jun 24th, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I have read the post titled How Deleted Bookmarks Unexpectedly Reappear above; however, the issue I am experiencing is not addressed.

If I delete one bookmark in Safari's Reading List, that bookmark is permanently deleted.  However, when I delete two or more Reading List bookmarks, they are synced back to their original location.  This behavior occurs only in the Reading List...nowhere else.

I don't see any setting that might cause this unusual behavior.  Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks...

Lew

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint