Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Support for Microsoft Edge Beta? (Read 4777 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Support for Microsoft Edge Beta?
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
OK, evans, since you did most of the research for us, we added support for Microsoft Edge Beta to BookMacster and Synkmark version 2.11.1 which have just been published.

To get this new version, launch BookMacster or Synkmark and click in the main menu > [App Name] > Check for Update.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

evans
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 1:22am
Print Post  
(Apologies for the extra post, but I couldn't post links otherwise.)

Here's a link to Microsoft's explaining the "new" channels (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-channels) and their blog post announcing the new channel "branding" (https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/06/15/introducing-windows-insider...).

And here's the download page for all Edges (https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download).

Yes, there's yet a third bookmark set, I believe.  The path for Edge Beta is
Code
Select All
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Beta 

.  That would put their favorites for the Default profile in
Code
Select All
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Beta/Default/Bookmarks 

. I believe I read something about the Native Messaging hosts, and so that on Edge Beta is in
Code
Select All
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Beta/NativeMessagingHosts 

IP Logged

evans
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 1:21am
Print Post  
No problem.

No, I just have the Beta channel installed.  I don't use it as often as Chrome, so I didn't really want to have that many updates.

I'm guessing that whatever Chromium does, so does/will Edge.

Evans

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Hello, Evan.

The current versions of our apps support Edge, which is currently at version 87, and Edge Dev, which is currently at version 89.  As Microsoft did it, these two have independent bookmark sets, meaning that (without using any of our apps), if you add or delete a bookmark in  Edge, then launch  Edge Dev, the change does not appear in  Edge Dev.

I want to be very clear on what you mean, and also I am a little lazy.  Please tell me where and how you got Edge Beta.  Include a hyperlink if applicable.  Do you have all three Edges installed, and do they indeed have independent bookmarks sets?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

evans
Support for Microsoft Edge Beta?
Jan 5th, 2021 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I've seen mentions of support for both Edge and Edge Dev channel. Microsoft has since gone all Chromium and added a Beta "channel."

I've installed the extension, but it's not appearing in Manage Browser Extensions, and it's never showed up there (I manually installed the extension).

Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint