Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Safari timing out for all actiivies (MacOS11.2.2) (Read 3766 times)
Felde
Re: Safari timing out for all actiivies (MacOS11.2.2)
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Jerry - thank you for the prompt response.

Troubleshooter.zip has been sent with the exception of my bookmarks, which I'm not comfortable sharing externally.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Safari timing out for all actiivies (MacOS11.2.2)
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Hello, Felde.

Thank you for contacting us.  We run a test suite of Safari import/exports whenever Apple publishes a macOS update.  Our test suite includes all of the weird and troublesome cases we have seen over the years.  We did not see any issues when testing with macOS 11.2.2, or any other Safari 14.x for that matter; Big Sur has been pleasantly trouble-free.  But, alas, the most likely cause is something peculiar in your Safari bookmarks which is not in our test suite.  The fastest way to get a fix or workaround is for you to send us your data.  To do that, for this case,

• Run BookMacster.
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper
• For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "No"
• For Question B (Bookmarks and Documents), for this case it would probably be really helpful to answer "Include Bookmarks and Documents".
• In the list which appears, choose "Safari".
• In the "Please explain..." section, leave it blank unless you have more information to tell.
• "Dropbox" me the resulting .zip, as instructed.

Jerry Krinock

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Felde
Safari timing out for all actiivies (MacOS11.2.2)
Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Firefox is the primary browser for my MBP, but I do use safari on  mobile devices.  For quite some time, Safari (14.0.3) pretty much times out for any export/import on BookMacster (2.11.1).  Specifically, it hangs when it is "reading".  Firefox and Brave have no issues.

Has anyone seen this problem?  any suggestions for fixing?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint