Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster 3/Big Sur 11.7/Bookmarks Don't Open (Read 2291 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster 3/Big Sur 11.7/Bookmarks Don't Open
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
BookMacster 3.0.2 (and Synkmark and soon Smarky) is now available  To get it, launch the app and click in the main menu under the app name > Check for Update.

Let us know if you still have trouble after updating.

Sincerely,

Jerry Krinock

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster 3/Big Sur 11.7/Bookmarks Don't Open
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2022 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Hello, MrX.

This reads like a now-known (as of an hour ago) issue which was reported by several other users.  I'm not yet sure, but I think that this issue only affects users who have saved their .bmco document packages to folders other than the default location ~/Library/Application Support/BookMacster/Collections.  The fix will be an update to a new BookMacster 3.0.2. which we hope to have available in a day or two.

If you want to confirm this, run BookMacster on your wife's MacBook Air and click in the main menu: BookMacster > Logs….  In the window which opens, click the other tab, Errors.  Click the popup menu to select error records.  If you see recent Error(s) 523499, that's the now-known issue.

If there are other errors, you can send us the relevant data by clicking the life-preserver "Contact Support" button in the upper left corner of the window.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2022 at 7:17pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
BookMacster 3/Big Sur 11.7/Bookmarks Don't Open
Sep 15th, 2022 at 12:27am
Print Post  
After the 11.7 update my wife's M1 MacBook Air showed a pop-up window stating BookMacster could not find a folder (301?).  Unfortunately, the window disappeared before I could get a screenshot or write down the details.

Then a second window opened with the options Create a new Collection and Open a recent collection.  Selecting Open a recent collection opens a window with her bookmarks folder name and clicking makes her bookmarks appear via the icon in the Finder Menu Bar.

Bookmarks are managed via BookMacster vs. syncing with her Web browser.  She currently uses Brave.

How do I get things back to normal?

I'm still using 2.12.8 on my Intel Mac Mini OS 11.7 so I haven't run into the same issue.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint