Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 3.0.5 Crashing On Startup (Read 2855 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 3.0.5 Crashing On Startup
Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2022 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Sorry, your message got buried and lost for a couple days.

No, there are no known incompatibilities which could cause BookMacster to hang on launch.  Try launching BookMacster with the `option` key held down.  If it launches and shows a responsive main menu, there is probably an issue with migrating or opening your Collection document.  To confirm this, click in the main menu: File > Open Recent and choose your Collection document.  It will probably hang while attempting to migrate the document.

However, checking our Version History, there are no known issues with migrating or opening certain Collection documents.  If you want to send us your data, we can look into it.  To do that,

• Run BookMacster.
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.
• For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "No"
• For Question B (Bookmarks and Documents), answer "Include Bookmarks and Documents"
• In the list which appears, don't choose any browsers.  Just click "Done" or OK".
• In the "Please explain..." section, leave it blank unless you have more information to tell.
• Send me the resulting .zip via MailDrop, Dropbox or whatever, as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

knx
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2022 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

The cursor was just a beach ball. I could did not get a response when clicking any menu items. I had to force wait the application.

I removed the application and preferences then reinstalled. BookMacster now works fine. The only item now is that it has lost my license and when I look at the license information there is a note at the bottom saying, "The is free beta of BookMacster is fully functioning until November 20, 2022. When I try to enter my license the text color is red and I only have a close button.

Thanks for your help.

-k

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Hello, knx.

Thank you for contacting us.  Are you sure it is hanging, or is it just not opening your old document?  To find find out, click in the main menu: BookMacster > File > Open Recent.  Does the menu work or do you get a spinning beachball?

If you get a spinning beachball, how about if you launch BookMacster with the `option` key held down?  (This prevents the attempted opening of any document which has been configured to open after launching.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

knx
3.0.5 Crashing On Startup
Oct 27th, 2022 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
I just upgraded my BookMaster from02.12.8 to 3.0.5. This was necessary because I am running Safari 16 or at least BookMacster told me it was. My MacOS is 12.6. When I launch the newer version  it opened then hangs. I have tried to remove the preference and restart but it hangs again. Are there any applications that are not compatible which could be causing this to crash?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint