Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unable to install BookMacster browser extensions (Read 1772 times)
SteveA
Re: Unable to install BookMacster browser extensions
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2023 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Not yet hackintosh, still running under VMware (rather slowly, I might add).  But still, I would expect it to work in this environment.

I didn't think number of bookmarks would be the issue, as that should have no effect on the browser extensions.  Just trying to touch all the bases, on the off chance there may be an issue with some of my circumstances.

If I get it working through all my browsers (which may not be possible, as I also use Waterfox), I will likely use only sync, but I also wanted to try out the button.

I followed the page you linked, and everything looks copacetic.  I will be sending an email.

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Unable to install BookMacster browser extensions
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2023 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Hello, Steve.

Thank you for contacting us.

I don't see anything you are doing wrong. I would only note that it is not common to install both the BookMacster Sync and BookMacster Button extensions.  The former should be used if you want BookMacster to sync your browsers, and the latter if you want to use BookMacster directly.  You can do both, and I remember we fixed a bug many years which made this work.  But it is not common.

Of course, this could be a hackintosh issue, and I vaguely remember some other hackintosh user never solving a problem like this.  Anyhow, please read through this support article which explains how to dig deeper into browser extension issues.

Regarding your bookmarks, old bookmarks inherited from Netscape Navigator should not cause any problem, and the number of bookmarks and folders you have is somewhat higher than average but well within the capabilities of our apps and these web browsers.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

SteveA
Unable to install BookMacster browser extensions
Feb 3rd, 2023 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Installation of BookMacster browser extensions is not working for me.  Here's my versions:
MacOS 12.2.1
BookMacster 3.0.12
Brave Browser 109.1.47.186
Firefox 109.0
Vivaldi 5.6.2867.62

I first installed sync and button in Firefox.  Says they installed OK; the sync test button shows OK.  But the BookMacster button does not show up in Firefox windows, and the More Tests box does not show a response when I add a bookmark.

I next tried Vivaldi.  Both the sync and button installs bring up a browser page, but there is no Add button in either.

So then I downloaded and tried Brave Browser.  It got the sync and button pages like Vivaldi did, and had the Add button in both, so I did the installs.  Again, the sync test button shows OK, but the BookMacster button does not show up in the browser window, and the More Tests box does not respond when adding a bookmark.

Am I doing something wrong?  Bad software combination?  I'm stumped.

Maybe worth noting, but I don't see how it would make a difference, I've been collecting bookmarks since Netscape Navigator was the big thing, and after removing duplicates and dead links, I now have ~400 folders with ~3940 bookmarks.  At least BookMacster is useful in letting me get all my bookmarks sorted.

And I do realize my OS version is a little dated -- I'm trying to make my PC a hackintosh (currently running MacOS in Vmware) and don't want to get the OS to be too new for my E5-2693s to handle.  (This also probably is not germane.)

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint