Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error message 235221 (Read 1568 times)
JLSchweitzer
Re: Error message 235221
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2023 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Jerry:

You are a genius. I remember granting access to BkmxAgent previously because of another issue. As I was going through the help message, I did check and saw that BookMacster had Full Disk Access and assumed that BkmxAgent did as well.

Guess what?

It didn't have full disk access. Once I clicked on it, I was able to perform a Sync without getting an error messages.

Thanks!!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Error message 235221
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2023 at 12:41am
Print Post  
The error messages may be because, although BookMacster has Full Disk Access, BookMacster's syncing agent, BkmxAgent, does not.  If you have macOS 13 or  maybe 12 (I'm not sure when it changed because Apple does not publish obscure security changes), then BkmxAgent seems to "inherit" Full Disk Access from the parent BookMacster app.

Anyhow, look in your System Settings/Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access and see if BkmxAgent is listed, and if so is its checkbox on.  If its checkbox is off, switch it on and then in BookMacster > main menu >  Reboot Sync Agent.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

JLSchweitzer
Error message 235221
Feb 22nd, 2023 at 12:25am
Print Post  
I'm sure I'm going to leave out lots of information but I'll start with what I have so.

Long time user of BookMacster (BM). I have been receiving error messages for maybe 3 months but was too busy to delve into the issue. Today, I upgrading from version 2 point something to version 3.0.12, thinking that this would solve all my problems.

So I start to do a sync and I immediately get a notification message appears, reporting an error message.

Specifically, it states "Error 235221 when starting syncing. Please fix to ensure bookmarks syncing. Mouse here and clinic the button which will appear."

The interesting thing is that I see that BookMacster "message bar" reports about the progress of the syncing, such as "Getting Firefox status, progressing to reading Safari."

When I click on the help button, it details granting Full Disk Access to BM, which I did some time ago.

The Syncing Status Report states that BookMacster DOES have access to Safari bookmarks.

I'm at a loss. I wonder if there is some corruption in my BookMacster file that is the reason for the error message.

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint