Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Where to Send Crash Logs? (Read 14316 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Where to Send Crash Logs?
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
F451 wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:20pm:
the forum would not allow me to upload my reports.

Ah, thanks for noticing that problem, F451.  I see that the filename extension ".crash" was not allowed.  Scott must have noticed this and changed his to ".txt".  I just fixed the forum to allow ".crash" and other file types.

Note to all: When uploading a large file, it's better to compress (zip) it anyhow.  Especially if your internet connection is a normal ADSL line (A = "asymmetric"), uploading big files can take a long time.  To compress a file or folder, secondary-click it in Finder and from the contextual menu choose "Compress XXXX".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:58am:
I believe the crash which is the subject of this thread should be fixed in BookMacster 0.1.6 which was published a few minutes ago.  Anyone using BookMacster 0.1.5, please in the menu click BookMacster ▸ Check for Update to get 0.1.6.  It was a major bug that would also cause bookmarks to be imported incorrectly.
Yes, it is, and that's good as the forum would not allow me to upload my reports. Hmmmm...

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:58am
Print Post  
I believe the crash which is the subject of this thread should be fixed in BookMacster 0.1.6 which was published a few minutes ago.  Anyone using BookMacster 0.1.5, please in the menu click BookMacster ▸ Check for Update to get 0.1.6.  It was a major bug that would also cause bookmarks to be imported incorrectly.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Attaching crash reports, Bookmarkshelf documents, or anything else up to a couple MB to messages on this forum is good.  (I got Scott's.)  They all go into this nice directory on the server.  Note that only the admin has access to them.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Dr. Scott Steinman
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 3:03am
Print Post  
BookMacster crashed on importing my Bookdog bookmarks.  I'm attaching a crash report, but it might be better to email them in the future.

Scott Steinman

Crash_Report.txt ( 62 KB | 480 Downloads )

IP Logged

F451
Where to Send Crash Logs?
Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Okay, downloaded and using, but have encountered first crash and would like to send off crash log to an email address versus making a lengthy post here. Where do I send it? Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint