Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Interfaces? (Read 13981 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Interfaces?
Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
You've got a good point there, Doug.  We probably need a simplified view of the Help Book also, at least for online presentation.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Doug in Alaska
Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I'd love to see a standard (simple) interface.  I looked at the help files and this appears to be way over my head.  For now, I'll stick with Bookdog.

IP Logged

F451
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Now thinking a Standard and Advanced interface (no Intermediate). Also, something resembling a Setup Assistant to guide new users. When you first open BookMacster you are asked to create a new file but it is not clear what a combined file constitutes before you create one. Also, not clear what happens to existing bookmarks file (e.g. Safari's own created bookmark file as users might be concerned should they not like BookMacster whether BookMacster permanently changes files). It would be nice if a new user would not have to take a deeper-dig to find where the preference is to open the created file each time BookMacster is opened. Thanks, loving what I see so far!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
F451 wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:44am:
It would be nice if BookMacster would have various levels of user interface allowing from the simplistic to the advanced.

Yes, you are correct.  It's definitely an issue we need to address.

F451 wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:44am:
P.S. I am simply blown away by BookMacster's Help. It's virtually completed!

Thanks.  One of these days I'd like to write a big long blog post about the many good reasons why developers should begin writing their Help Book before doing an design work.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Interfaces?
Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I have to say that BookMacster is so comprehensive, and so in-depth that I wonder how much of a dilemma it would be for my mother to use? She is currently a 77 year old Mac user who lives on the other side of the US from me. I am her Mac Customer Support, but I can tell you that she would be overwhelmed by even opening BookMacster. It would be nice if BookMacster would have various levels of user interface allowing from the simplistic to the advanced. Currently, BookMacster is very advanced for the average or occasional user.

P.S. I am simply blown away by BookMacster's Help. It's virtually completed!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint