Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Selected crash logs (Read 16013 times)
mercury
Re: Selected crash logs
Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

After problem with disappearing list/tree views in "Content" I did not have any more crashes.

My current situation is:
  - bookmarks disappear/reappear on "Content" pane without any obvious sequence of steps to reproduce behavior

- switching between list and tree views on "Content" pane is not working

- in fact, I can not use right-click at all on most of the panes. That is I can click on e.g. bookmark - no effect

- import / export / sort all / save - all seems to be functional

- I tried to import Safari bookmarks from scratch into new .bkmslf document - does not fix anything. The only diffrence is the file size (old - 6.4Mb, new - 3.5Mb)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Well, I looked some more and found one kind of "loose screw" when the contextual menu is created, but it looks like there are a couple of other tight screws that are holding down the fort and, indeed, I was not able to reproduce the crash.  Also, according to the crash report, the function which causes the crash is the one which produces the contextual menu.  I've been watching it for 15 minutes now and the only time that code ever even runs is when I perform a secondary click (right-click or control-click) in a table or, or on the "gear" button in the Inspector.  Never when idle.

So, I've tightened up the loose screw and added some extra logging which might help find the problem, but probably this crashing issue will remain open in the next version 0.2.0.

I haven't had any luck reproducing the crash when deleting duplicates either.  (That's the one that only happened to mercury once.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #10 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Hello again, merc.  The three crash reports you submitted re BookMacster 0.1.8, and the two you submitted re BookMacster 0.1.9, all show the same crash as eight of the ten crash reports you submitted earlier re BookMacster 0.1.6.  The trigger is supposedly a secondary mouse click (i.e. right-click or control-click) in a table, but I'm having difficulty finding the problem.  Since this crash has occurred for you thirteen times now, I'm hoping that you may be an expert at reproducing it, and wonder if you might be able to piece together the steps now.  Do you remember secondary-clicking in a table causing these 13 crashes?  If so, which table? (Content, Duplicates or Find)

Thanks!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mercury
Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Oops, my apologies and another upload (0.1.8 - 3 reports).

err_001.txt ( 83 KB | 399 Downloads )

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
WHOOPS -- I just noticed another thing about err.txt.  The two crashes in err.txt say they are from the old BookMacster 0.1.6.  Here are the first 4 lines:

Process:         BookMacster [15990]
Path:            /Applications/BookMacster.app/Contents/MacOS/BookMacster
Identifier:      com.sheepsystems.BookMacster
Version:         0.1.6 (0.1.6)

But your message earlier today says that 0.1.8 crashed.  Crashes are dated 11/16.  Did we get the wrong crash report or maybe were you still running the old version on 11/16?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks for re-uploading.  Both of these crashes in err.txt which you uploaded today are the same as eight of the ten in the file you sent last week.  They indicate acrash when you clicked a contextual menu in a table view, such as the Content Outline, Find results, or Find Duplicate results.  Is that true?  I haven't been able to find anything wrong at the specific line numbers referenced in the crash reports.  Can you recall any more about how to reproduce these things?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mercury
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Jerry, no problems - here we go Smiley

err.txt ( 58 KB | 387 Downloads )

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Merc, I just deleted your attachment by mistake.  Sorry -- please post it again.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mercury
Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Another two logs (version 0.1.8)

I noticed the following:
  a) if I save results after every operation that changes data (sort, delete, move, etc) then there is no crash for a long time

b) export to Safari helps to reduce crashes even more

c) but, an attempt to move/delete after several similar operations without saving in-between causes crash in about 75% of cases

Although inconvenient, crashes didn't cause any data loss so far.

Looking forward to the next update.

err.txt ( 58 KB | 387 Downloads )

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I take back what I said in the last message.  With some new knowledge, I am now able to decode two of the three crash reports and are looking at some possible problems.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Looking closer, I see that there are actually 10 crash reports in there.

The first one is not understandable.
The second one looks like it may have occurred during Verify, but has no clues.
The last eight are all the same, but they have internal inconsistencies.  They indicate a possible problem in using the Find report, but since you didn't mention using the Find report I presume this is bogus.

So, unfortunately, I can't do anything with these reports.  My Mac is still running Mac OS 10.5.8.  Later today, since I have some breathing room with BookMacster Beta released, I'm going to update to 10.6.  Maybe I'll see some of these crashes.

Of course, there's always the unlikely possibility that you got a corrupt download of BookMacster 0.1.6.  Please wait until BookMacster 0.1.7 is released, later today, Check for UPdate, and the next time there is a crash, please write down the steps and see if you can reproduce it, then attach the new crash report here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks, mercury.  I'd thought that we were done with crashes in 0.1.6 but ... oh, well.

I found four crashes in the file you uploaded and shall investigate.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mercury
Selected crash logs
Nov 15th, 2009 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
BookMacster Version 0.1.6

Miscellaneous crashes:
  - during verification (while waiting for the last 3 requests)
  - import from Safari 4.0.4
  - when deleting bookmark
  - when idle
  - etc

logs.txt ( 330 KB | 401 Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint