Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Reproducible crash - 0.7.0 (Read 11115 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Reproducible crash - 0.7.0
Reply #9 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Version 0.8.4, which fixes this issue and several other crashes, is now available in Check for Update.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks very much, Jasper.  I got the data, and at first glance it appears to be very informative.  Lots of zeros right before crash, in places where there should be some ones  Huh

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jasperhound
Reply #7 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Relaunch and try it a couple more times.  If it doesn't crash, try the regular version 0.8.0 several times and see if it crashes today.

OK - I launched again. This time without Firefox (or any browser) running. Clicking the + didn't add a new location but rather crasher BookMacster. I ran the utility and got a 2.1 MB file. I guess that this is too big to post so you can pick it up here.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/361896/BookMacster_Trouble.zip

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Jasperhound wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:35pm:
I get 'No Selection' - see attached screenshot
That's interesting – might help me reproduce it.

Jasperhound wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:35pm:
It doesn't crash. Anything else I can do?
Relaunch and try it a couple more times.  If it doesn't crash, try the regular version 0.8.0 several times and see if it crashes today.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jasperhound
Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 4:14pm:
I understand that it crashes when you push the square "+" button under the list of Export Clients.  Please run the special debug version, and as you push that "+" button, watch that list carefully.  Does another Client appear? (under "Firefox")  If so, what is its name?

I get 'No Selection' - see attached screenshot

Jerry Krinock wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 4:14pm:
After it crashes, to filter and pick up the telltale logs which were produced, please run our Trouble Zipper which you can download from here:

It doesn't crash. Anything else I can do?

BookMacster.jpg ( 67 KB | 449 Downloads )
BookMacster.jpg

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Jasper,

The crash report does give a good pinpoint of where BookMacster crashed but I can't find anything wrong at that point, and it works fine for me.   When you have a few minutes, please download this special debug version of BookMacster (0.8.1) which we've prepared for you:

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/debug/Jasper/BookMacster.zip

I understand that it crashes when you push the square "+" button under the list of Export Clients.  Please run the special debug version, and as you push that "+" button, watch that list carefully.  Does another Client appear? (under "Firefox")  If so, what is its name?

After it crashes, to filter and pick up the telltale logs which were produced, please run our Trouble Zipper which you can download from here:

http://sheepsystems.com/files/SSYTroubleZipper.zip

(Note: I just fixed the Trouble Zipper so that it works properly with BookMacster now.)

When you run the Trouble Zipper, you can answer "Don't Get Bookmarks", since those are not involved.  Including the .bkmslf file might be useful.

Thanks!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Jasperhound wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 9:33pm:
I assumed that a file in a Dropbox folder qualified as 'a loose file'.
Well, no a folder would not be a file, but if you created a "New" file inside there, in a format which supported many attributes such as Firefox, that might work.  You're ahead of me.  I haven't thought all this through yet.

Let me propose another method which should work better -- but again, I haven't yet thought this through, is to put the .bkmslf file itself in your DropBox folder.  That way, you'll get *all* attributes including even Verify results.  If you want to try this, open the bookmarkshelf and in the menu click File > Save As Move.

BookMacster should someday, but does not now, support detecting when DropBox has dropped updates in as an Agent's Trigger.

Now I've got to get back to work on Crash Reports  Wink

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jasperhound
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Wow.  There is no Help on setting up a Dropbox 'store'.  In what section of the Help book did you find that??  (They are numbered in the left sidebar.)

I was on the introduction on page 2 where I read
Quote:
Finally, a Client can be a loose file  of bookmarks which you accessed using the Choose File (Advanced) menu item.  BookMacster tracks this file using the path and file alias mechanism built into Mac OS X.

I assumed that a file in a Dropbox folder qualified as 'a loose file'. I'm probably missing something, it would nonetheless be good to have clear instructions on how to sync via Dropbox; it's one of the good new features of 1Password.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Jasperhound wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 10:16am:
I am getting a reproducible crash with 0.7.0....
Thanks for the report, Jasper.  Have downloaded and will investigate.

Jasperhound wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 10:16am:
By the way I do find the Help on setting up a Dropbox 'store' for my bookmarks rather confusing. Can someone clarify the procedure please.
Wow.  There is no Help on setting up a Dropbox 'store'.  In what section of the Help book did you find that??  (They are numbered in the left sidebar.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jasperhound
Reproducible crash - 0.7.0
Dec 16th, 2009 at 10:16am
Print Post  
I am getting a reproducible crash with 0.7.0. With Firefox running I launch BookMacster. It asks me to quit Firefox, retry or cancel. I cancel. I want to add a new client, in my case I want to sync my bookmarks to a Dropbox folder. I click the + in Settings > Export. BookMacster crashes. The crash log is attached.

By the way I do find the Help on setting up a Dropbox 'store' for my bookmarks rather confusing. Can someone clarify the procedure please.

BookMacster_0_7_0_CrashLog.zip ( 9 KB | 348 Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint