Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Last Visit and Visit Count fields not populated (Read 5086 times)
conejo23
Re: Last Visit and Visit Count fields not populated
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
thanks Jerry. It’s a shame Apple doesn’t support more robust data elements for bookmarks.

I appreciate the response.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Last Visit and Visit Count fields not populated
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:37am
Print Post  
conejo23 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:12am:
what I'm seeing is that the last visit and visit count fields are blank ... Is this data that only some browsers retain? I’m pulling this data in from Safari.
Yup.  That's the problem.  Safari supports only supports folder location (or what I like to call "lineage", Name, and URL.  Ever since Safari 1.0, Apple has stuck with a design philosophy that bookmarks should be ultra-simple.  Firefox, Opera, Camino and OmniWeb support much more, but the overlap among them is only about 50%.

Would be great to be able to run a bookmark aging report so I could see what I haven’t visited for over 2 years, for example.

Yes, we're thinking about how something like that might be done, but at this time it's only possible if you use a browser that supports "last visited date".

Also, I'm assuming that when dealing with dates, “less than” means older or longer? So if I wanted to see those bookmarks I hadn’t visited since before 1/1/09 I would select ‘less than’ that date? That is, if this data was populated to be a valid criteria.
Yes, that is correct.  One of these days we need to get in there and fix that to say "earlier than", etc.  We're just using what Apple provided out of the box.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

conejo23
Last Visit and Visit Count fields not populated
Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:12am
Print Post  
started playing with reports, some cool functionality there but when I structured a report to show me what bookmarks I haven’t visited for awhile, it returned like 2 out of my 1500 or so. So I went to info and checked the data on a number of them and what I'm seeing is that the last visit and visit count fields are blank in all the ones I'm checking. Date added and modified is set to today.

Is this data that only some browsers retain? I’m pulling this data in from Safari. Would be great to be able to run a bookmark aging report so I could see what I haven’t visited for over 2 years, for example.

Also, I'm assuming that when dealing with dates, “less than” means older or longer? So if I wanted to see those bookmarks I hadn’t visited since before 1/1/09 I would select ‘less than’ that date? That is, if this data was populated to be a valid criteria.

Hope this is something that can be utilized, could come in really handy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint