Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Tag question (Read 22169 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Tag question
Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
conejo23 wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:09pm:
OK, well now apparently I have another and a bigger problem. I assigned tags to several bookmarks in this app, saved the bookmacster file, exported to the other browsers (I have omniweb set as my ‘import from’ app and then I mirror/export to safari, firefox and camino upon save), quit bookmacster, re-launched and re-opened my bookmark file and now none of the tags are there.
Yes, I just reproduced this.  They were there for a second, and then disappeared.  Will get back to you.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
conejo23 wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm:
I’ve never been a big tagger but some changes in my workflow and some new perspectives are leading me to want to start making use of tagging. I think this can be especially helpful with bookmarks. I’ve played around with Bookmacster’s tagging functionality and it’s pretty good. When assigning a tag to an item, I wish it would remember previously entered tags and prompt me to just hit enter if I type the first few letters of an existing tag. But that’s a secondary issue.
OK, autocompletion for tags is now officially requested.  Good idea.

conejo23 wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm:
My main question is this: is there a reasonably efficient way to assign tags to bookmarks OUTSIDE of Bookmacster so that when bookmacster imports the bookmark file, they are already there? ... FYI, my default browser is OmniWeb, if that makes any difference.
Either use Firefox, which has tagging built in, or else wait until the day the BookMacster gives you a little menulet so that you can create bookmarks directly in BookMacster (as you could back in the days of URL Manager Pro)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

conejo23
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
OK, well now apparently I have another and a bigger problem. I assigned tags to several bookmarks in this app, saved the bookmacster file, exported to the other browsers (I have omniweb set as my ‘import from’ app and then I mirror/export to safari, firefox and camino upon save), quit bookmacster, re-launched and re-opened my bookmark file and now none of the tags are there.

What did I do wrong?

IP Logged

conejo23
Tag question
Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I’ve never been a big tagger but some changes in my workflow and some new perspectives are leading me to want to start making use of tagging. I think this can be especially helpful with bookmarks. I’ve played around with Bookmacster’s tagging functionality and it’s pretty good. When assigning a tag to an item, I wish it would remember previously entered tags and prompt me to just hit enter if I type the first few letters of an existing tag. But that’s a secondary issue.

My main question is this: is there a reasonably efficient way to assign tags to bookmarks OUTSIDE of Bookmacster so that when bookmacster imports the bookmark file, they are already there?

This app looks like a good place to manage tags, but I'd like to be able to assign tags on the fly and not have to launch this app every time I want to assign a tag to a bookmark.

FYI, my default browser is OmniWeb, if that makes any difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint