Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Safari Bookmarks Imported into Wrong Location? (Read 5969 times)
Brian A. Levine
Re: New Safari Bookmarks Imported into Wrong Location?
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

Thanks again!

I'll watch for an update. 

And in the meantime, I'll send in an e-mail about getting myself an academic license.  Smiley

Be well,

--Brian

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 6:07am
Print Post  
It's a bug.  We'll have it fixed for the next version, but we've got alot open right now and I don't have a release date for the next version yet, other than to say that most of the new stuff has been added, it's in debugging now and someday soon it will be done.

By the way, something weird happened to the message board, Brian and your last message got deleted.  Anyhow, thanks again for the report.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Thank you for your very well-written description of the issue, Brian.  I've reproduced it.  Actually, the bottom-to-top switch occurs, for me, in whichever Client is first in your Import list, not necessarily Firefox.

Anyhow, we'll work on this and get back you here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Brian A. Levine
New Safari Bookmarks Imported into Wrong Location?
Jun 29th, 2010 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Hi,

Yesterday I began evaluating BookMacster.  I've been searching the forum and Support Articles, studying the documentation, and running lots of tests.

I'm experiencing a problem with newly added Safari bookmarks that I don't see mentioned anywhere I've looked.  Can someone here help me?

Here's the deal.  When I add a new bookmark in Safari 5.0, it gets placed at the bottom of the folder in which I add it.  When I subsequently import into BookMacster, it arrives at the top of this same folder.  I'd really like it to be at the bottom, where I added it in Safari.

Firefox works as expected.  When I add a new bookmark in Firefox 3.6.6, it gets placed at the bottom of the folder in which I add it.  When I subsequently import into BookMacster, it arrives where I placed it, at the bottom of this same folder. 

Am I missing something, or is this a bug with how BookMacster is importing new Safari Bookmarks?  I'd really like my Safari bookmarks to import into the same location in which I added them, just like how importing works with Firefox. 

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

--Brian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint