Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) v1.1.9 Warning Windows (Read 8038 times)
F451
Re: v1.1.9 Warning Windows
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2010 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Sep 6th, 2010 at 11:41am:
Thanks for the real errors, F451.

I just realized I should confirm a couple assumptions I've made.

Do these dialogs appear upon launching BookMacster, or do they appear at other times? LAUNCHING

Do they always appear one immediately after the other? YES

Are BookMacster and its Agents working OK otherwise? YES

By the way, I'm thinking that they are probably an artifact of attempting to open an old Bookmarkshelf document with the new BookMacster beta.  I'm not too concerned with that.  The bug I'm interested in is the fact that, upon the first failure to  automatically open a .bkmslf file, BookMacster should declare said .bkmslf file as "corrupt" and no longer try to open  it.  You should only have seen such dialogs once.  That's the bug.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

Just got home from traveling, and also updated BookMacster before reading your queries, sorry. The latest v1.1.11 presents none of the previous problems, so far.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.1.10 is now available to anyone on the beta track.

It will take a few extra seconds when opening your BookMacster 1.1-1.1.9 Bookmarkshelf document for the first time, due to file conversion or, as Apple calls it, migration.  Just let it do its thing.

Still won't open BookMacster 1.0.x documents.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2010 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Thanks for the real errors, F451.

I just realized I should confirm a couple assumptions I've made.

Do these dialogs appear upon launching BookMacster, or do they appear at other times?

Do they always appear one immediately after the other?

Are BookMacster and its Agents working OK otherwise?

By the way, I'm thinking that they are probably an artifact of attempting to open an old Bookmarkshelf document with the new BookMacster beta.  I'm not too concerned with that.  The bug I'm interested in is the fact that, upon the first failure to  automatically open a .bkmslf file, BookMacster should declare said .bkmslf file as "corrupt" and no longer try to open  it.  You should only have seen such dialogs once.  That's the bug.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2010 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Sep 5th, 2010 at 8:31pm:
First, a comment for the benefit of others –

BookMacster error dialog boxes like the ones in F451's screenshots show a button with a life preserver in the left-hand corner.  Clicking that button will begin an email message whose body contains the text of the error, and usually, a lot more information.  So, if you get an error dialog you'd like to report to us, don't bother taking a screenshot.  Click the button instead.  It's easier and the result is more informative.
Done deal, two were sent your way Jerry, thanks!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2010 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
First, a comment for the benefit of others –

BookMacster error dialog boxes like the ones in F451's screenshots show a button with a life preserver in the left-hand corner.  Clicking that button will begin an email message whose body contains the text of the error, and usually, a lot more information.  So, if you get an error dialog you'd like to report to us, don't bother taking a screenshot.  Click the button instead.  It's easier and the result is more informative.

To post to the forum instead of sending an email, of course you can copy the text out of the new message, close it without saving, then paste the text into your forum post.

Which is another todo … that button should have two options … Email to Support and Post to Forum.  So noted!

––––––––

OK, F451, thank you for the report.  I think I see a bug.  Let me know if this still happens in 1.1.10, which is on the way "in a few days", as we always say.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
v1.1.9 Warning Windows
Sep 5th, 2010 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I keep receiving these windows at the startup of BookMacster. I started receiving them when I unchecked Camino as a browser to export to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint