Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic URLs changed when exported to Chrome? (Read 3646 times)
Chris Hanson
Re: URLs changed when exported to Chrome?
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Wow!  Same day fix.  That's amazing.

Keep up the great work!  Thanks.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: URLs changed when exported to Chrome?
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hello, Chris.

Some months back, we were detecting spurious changes during Import/Export cycles with Google Chrome, and found that this was because Chrome was normalizing, or as they say, canonicalizing URLs.  To correct the problem, we started doing the same thing in exports to Chrome.  However, upon re-running our test suite of crazy URLs just now, I found that Google Chrome is not normalizing URLs.

So, we just created a new build, BookMacster 1.3.18, which no longer normalizes URLs when exporting to Chrome.  We'll publish it this afternoon after more tests are complete.  Please do a "Check for Update" tomorrow.

Thank you for the report.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Chris Hanson
URLs changed when exported to Chrome?
Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
I have a bunch of URLs that seem to be changed whenever they are exported to Chrome.  For example, URLs ending in "/index.html" are truncated to eliminate that suffix.  Likewise, a URL with a trailing slash has that slash removed.

The URLs are not changed within BookMacster, and they seem to be written without change to Firefox and Safari.

If I change the bookmark inside of Chrome, it remains unchanged until I do an Import/Export cycle with BookMacster.

What's going on?  Some of my bookmarks need that "/index.html" because the target page is different without it.

FYI, I'm using BookMacster 1.3.17 and Chrome 9.0.597.84, running on MacOS 10.6.4.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint