Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bookmacsterize Bookmarklet and Firefox 3.6 Broken (Read 3972 times)
ByronM
Re: Bookmacsterize Bookmarklet and Firefox 3.6 Broken
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Thanks once again Jerry.  I think I followed all of that, and once again, I look eagerly forward to the update.

Byron

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 1:41am
Print Post  
It turned out that the trigger for the bug was not the Bookmarkshelf being minimized to the Dock, as I said in my previous message.  After much testing, we've concluded that the way to reproduce the failure reported by Byron is to enter text into the Quick Search field, and/or turn on the Tags Filter, such that the new bookmark would not meet these search criteria and therefore could not appear in the Content Outline; therefore it could not be selected; therefore it could not become the subject in the Inspector; therefore the Inspector had no subject; therefore all of its fields would be disabled.

It's fixed for the next version, 1.3.19.  Landing a new bookmark from the BookMacsterize Bookmarklet now resets both filter criteria.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
ByronM wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:09am:
I'm using Firefox 3.6 and your Bookmacsterize bookmarklet.  When I open a page and apply the bookmarklet, Bookmacster opens as advertised, with the inspector open,
For other readers, this Inspector opening, by the way, depends on whether or not you're holding the option key down, and the whether or not is a preference setting; see Preferences ▸ Adding.

but containing NO DATA from the bookmark, and will not allow me to "drop" the iBeam in any field and type.
Took me a while to reproduce that, but I got it.  If you have the Bookmarkshelf window minimized to the dock, the new bookmark will not be selected, so the inspector acts as though there is no selection, and indeed will not accept keystrokes.  That's a bug.  We'll fix it for the next version.

If I say ok to the add, it does not add the bookmark either.
Well, after many tries, I still can't reproduce that.  First of all, there is no "OK".  When you click the BookMacsterize bookmarklet, it adds the bookmark immediately and saves the Bookmarkshelf file.  (I think that URL Manager Pro gave you the "OK" button.)  Now, if the new bookmark does not get selected, due to the bug described above, you may not be able to see it.  But it is there, in your designated New Bookmark Landing folder.  Anyhow, while fixing that bug we'll keep on the lookout for this and re-test.

All users should be happy to know that, at least in Firefox and Chrome, the BookMacsterize bookmarklet will soon no longer be necessary; we'll have a genuine BookMacsterize menu item, thank to our new Firefox Extension and not-so-new Chrome Extension.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ByronM
Bookmacsterize Bookmarklet and Firefox 3.6 Broken
Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
I'm using Firefox 3.6 and your Bookmacsterize bookmarklet.  When I open a page and apply the bookmarklet, Bookmacster opens as advertised, with the inspector open, but containing NO DATA from the bookmark, and will not allow me to "drop" the iBeam in any field and type.

If I say ok to the add, it does not add the bookmark either.  In short, it's broken.

I have another issue open with you in another message, and figured out that I can e-mail my trouble zip file to you so I'll do that right now.  YaBB will not let me upload the file to your forums.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint