Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Delete a Bookmark in Safari but others won't delet (Read 6424 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Delete a Bookmark in Safari but others won't delet
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Reffner wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 4:14pm:
All I want to do is to keep the bookmarks in Safari, Firefox, and Camino sorted and identical at all time automatically.  How exactly do I do this?
Well, the first screencast on this page shows how a new user would do that:

http://sheepsystems.com/products/bkmx/movies/

But since you've already got a Bookmarkshelf set up, just check your Clients and Agents.  For your case, they should look as shown in the attached screenshot.

Now, remember that, when working properly, the current version of BookMacster won't sync bookmarks immediately.  Changes in Safari are throttled to occur no more often than every 5 minutes.  And changes in Firefox are only written when Firefox is quit.  (BookMacster 1.3.19 beta will be eliminating the latter limitation.)

Let us know if this does not resolve the issue – give a specific example of something that isn't working, and you might want to send us your data by clicking in the BookMacster's menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.

SyncSaFfCm.png ( 42 KB | 339 Downloads )
SyncSaFfCm.png

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Reffner
Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Jerry,

I'm sorry.  I really am.  I feel like a moron, but I can't get this to work the way I want it to.  I had it fine at one point, but then everything changed.

All I want to do is to keep the bookmarks in Safari, Firefox, and Camino sorted and identical at all time automatically.

How exactly do I do this?

Many thanks, James Reffner

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Reffner wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 9:37pm:
the Safari bookmarks are copied to Firefox and Camino, but none of them are being alphabetized.
Hello again, Jim.  First of all, in BookMacster's user interface we use the word "Sort" instead of "alphabetize".  I personally don't like it, but the misuse of the word "Sort" was established in computer science many years ago and we're stuck with it.

Now then, sorting does not occur automatically in BookMacster, because not all people want all bookmarks sorted all the time.  You can sort your bookmarks in the Bookmarkshelf at any time by clicking in the menu BookmarkshelfSort.  Then, to get these into Safari, Firefox, Camino, etc. click BookmarkshelfExport.

If you are using a BookMacster Agent (SettingsAgents) to automatically synchronize your bookmarks, you can check ON the Sort checkbox in SettingsAgents and they'll be sorted automatically whenever they are synced.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Reffner
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Thank you Jerry!  That worked.

Now, the Safari bookmarks are copied to Firefox and Camino, but none of them are being alphabetized.  What do I need to do to fix that?

Many thanks!

Jim

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Well, I presume that this happens after BookMacster Imports from Safari, Firefox and Camino, and then Exports to Safari, Firefox and Camino.  One way to solve this problem is to disable importing from Firefox and Camino (by unchecking the boxes in SettingsClients.  The second, and, preferred way, is to always delete and reorganize bookmarks when you are in BookMacster's Content.

Also, in SettingsClients, click in all four of the "gear" settings and make sure that Delete Unmatched Items is checked on.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Reffner
Delete a Bookmark in Safari but others won't delet
Mar 20th, 2011 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
If I delete a bookmork in Safari, the same bookmark in Camino and Firefox won't delete after running BookMacster.  What setting do I need to change?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint