Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Question about Bookmacterize Bookmarklet (Read 34638 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Question about Bookmacterize Bookmarklet
Reply #5 - May 27th, 2011 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Thank you, Mirsky.

It just so happens that we've been working on another bookmarking problem here, and during the last couple hours I've used the BookMacsterize bookmarklet in Safari to make about 100 bookarks.  No problems.  (We're getting sound effects in the next version Cheesy)

The URL in your BookMacsterize bookmarklet is perfect.  Since bookmacster://hello works, I conclude that BookMacster is getting the message.  Do you know how to check in Console.app and see if BookMacster or the system issue any warning or error when you hit the BookMacsterizer?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Jerry, hi. This is what I get when I "Copy" the bookmarklet from the inspector:

BookMacsterize      gent);

I did re-export the bookmarklet into Safari and nothing changed. It still didn't add a bookmark when I selected the bookmarklet.

When I entered "bookmacster://hello" into Safari's address bar, BookMacster did launch (when it wasn't running) and came to the front (when it was already running).

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
You are correct about adding the bookmark twice.

So now we're back to it works fine for us here but doesn't work for you  We should look at its URL.  It should be this:

gent);

Or delete it and re-export it.  To re-export, click in the menu FileExport Bookmarklet to Safari (QuickMerge – No Delete).

Let me know if that fixes it.  I'll keep thinking about the problem.

Oh, another thing.  Paste this into your Safari address bar

bookmacster://hello

and hit return.  Does BookMacster launch or come to the front?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Jerry, hi. I'm sure it didn't add the bookmark because I tried bookmarking the same page twice and it didn't alert me that I was creating a duplicate.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Mirskyman wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 6:19am:
When I click on the menu bar icon [when using Safari] and select "Bookmacterize," nothing seems to happen. The extensions for Chrome and Firefox work fine…
BookMacsterize works for me when I click it in Safari.  Even if BookMacster is not running, Mac OS X launches BookMacster.  One bug I just noticed is that if you don't have a Bookmarkshelf open (minimized to the Dock counts as open), BookMacster flashes a dialog asking which of your Recent Documents you want to open, but then reactivates Safari after a few milliseconds.  We'll fix that; I think it was a byproduct of fixing a more serious bug.

Another possibility is that it did add the bookmark.  Unlike URL Manager Pro which I think always popped up when you added a bookmark, BookMacster has two modes, as explained here:

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/pppngpthInspctrfrNwlLndd

In a future version, BookMacster will play a sound effect when a bookmark is added.  Maybe a "gulp".

Let us know if either of these two explanations resolves the issue.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Question about Bookmacterize Bookmarklet
May 25th, 2011 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Hi, I'm the brand new owner of BookMacster thanks to Jerry sending me a license code for finding a bug in version 1.5.

I've started using 1.5.1, but I can't get the bookmarklet to work, so  I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the menu bar icon and select "Bookmacterize," nothing seems to happen. The extensions for Chrome and Firefox work fine so I don't need to use the bookmarklet for those browsers, but I do when using Safari.

Any ideas why I can't get it to work?

Thanks,

Mirskyman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint