Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster launches Parallels... (Read 4362 times)
PMC Systems
Re: BookMacster launches Parallels...
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick reply Jerry, I will see what I can find out about OS X launch services. I'm wondering if I tried to use the javascriptlet from Safari in windows one time and it set the launch services to windows that time.

Update: I tried using Onyx to rebuild the Launch services database to see if that would fix the problem and it didn't. On to try something else.  Smiley

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster launches Parallels...
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 1:31am
Print Post  
PMC Systems wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 1:08am:
I have used the Bookmacsterize (javascriptlet??)
Yes, it's JavaScript

after it saves the bookmark Parallels launches and it tried to install Google Chrome on my Vista virtual machine.
After BookMacsterizing a new bookmark, BookMacster tells the system to reactivate the browser which sent the bookmark, which I presume is Google Chrome in this case.

I don't have anything setup to make a windows application (or browser) be my default anything.
That's what you think, but apparently Mac OS X' Launch Services thinks otherwise.  I've seen Launch Services do some pretty stupid things.  This one ranks right up at the top.

Please see if anyone with Parallels can tell you how to fix this.  Tell them that it happens when another app (BookMacster) asks Launch Services for the full path to "Google Chrome", and then tells it to activate the application at that path.

If you can't get the problem resolved there, let us know and we'll probe deeper.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

PMC Systems
BookMacster launches Parallels...
Jul 14th, 2011 at 1:08am
Print Post  
I have used the Bookmacsterize (javascriptlet??) and after it saves the bookmark Parallels launches and it tried to install Google Chrome on my Vista virtual machine. ( only virtual machine I have setup on Parallels at the moment. I've set on the general tab visit bookmarks by my default browser (Google Chrome). I know this isn't the setting for the bookmacsterize javascriptlet but I don't know where to look or reset something so it doesn't launch parallels. I don't have anything setup to make a windows application (or browser) be my default anything. Any help is appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint