Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about Sorting (Read 5295 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Question about Sorting
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2011 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Hello again, Mirsky.  I don't have a resolution on the bookmarklet yet, but the issue of this thread, automatically sorting the parent folder when a new bookmark is landed in it, is fixed in BookMacster  1.5.7 Beta which was just published.

To update to the Beta version, launch BookMacster and follow these instructions:

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2011 at 12:42am by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Something better? I'm not sure that's necessary, but I'll take it. Thanks.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2011 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Hello, Mirsky.  BookMacster only sorts when the Sort command is executed, either manually or triggered by an Agent.  I understand your expectation and actually put it on the list of things to do myself a couple weeks ago.  It should be instant because only the folder with the added bookmark needs to be sorted.

We've made alot of progress in the last few days and we'll get to this feature soon.

P.S.  Regarding that bookmarklet that won't work on your Mac, since I can't figure out how to fix it I'm going to give you something better instead.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mirskyman
Question about Sorting
Jun 8th, 2011 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Hi. I have a question about how to make Bookmacster automatically sort new bookmarks.

Using Firefox, I went to a website and then chose the "Add & Inspect" menu item. When Bookmacster opened, I "Moved" the bookmark into a particular folder.

I then viewed that folder in Bookmacster but the new bookmark wasn't automatically placed alphabetically in the folder. Instead it was listed at the top. So, I'm not sure why it wasn't placed lower down, alphabetically.

As for my Sorting settings, I have "Sort the Root" checked and "Do Sort" selected underneath.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint