Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Sort by date added? (Read 12476 times)
rjb
Re: Sort by date added?
Reply #10 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:29am:
...We need to push that update out tomorrow anyhow to work around bug we just discovered in the way that Apple launches Agents in Lion.

A software developer's work is never done...

thanks.
rich

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:29am
Print Post  
You can't change the order, although I agree that, when sorting by a date, newer items should be first and when sorting by Visit Count, higher counts should be at the top.  You're not being dense.  You're being helpful.

We just changed these for version 1.6.5.  We need to push that update out tomorrow anyhow to work around bug we just discovered in the way that Apple launches Agents in Lion.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rjb
Reply #8 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 5:43am:
You're correct, rjb.  We made a last-minute change to make it work case-insensitively for names and URLs, and in so doing broke the operation for dates.

It's fixed in BookMacster 1.6.4 which is now ready to go.  We'll publish the update tomorrow after completing our test suite.

OK, this works, but now how do I change the sort order so the most recent items show up at the top of the folder instead of at the bottom?

Sorry if I'm being dense - I've looked and don't see a way...

thanks!
rich

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 5:43am
Print Post  
You're correct, rjb.  We made a last-minute change to make it work case-insensitively for names and URLs, and in so doing broke the operation for dates.

It's fixed in BookMacster 1.6.4 which is now ready to go.  We'll publish the update tomorrow after completing our test suite.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Thanks for the report.  We'll have another look at it and get back to you here.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rjb
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 2:57am
Print Post  
rjb wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:20pm:
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:57am:
There's no reasonable workaround.

BookMacster 1.6.1 will have a new item, *Sort By*, in the contextual menu on items in the Content View and in the Find Report.  This item is enabled for folders.  It does a one-time sort of the folder's content, by one of nine attributes selected from a submenu, including name, URL, shortcut, and Added Date.

Hi there - sorry to be a pest about this, but I've installed 1.6.3, and I see the 'sort now by added' contextual item when control clicking the folder, but nothing happens when I do that.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
rich

IP Logged

rjb
Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:57am:

BookMacster 1.6.1 will have a new item, *Sort By*, in the contextual menu on items in the Content View and in the Find Report.  This item is enabled for folders.  It does a one-time sort of the folder's content, by one of nine attributes selected from a submenu, including name, URL, shortcut, and Added Date.

K, I'll look forward to that.  I guess in the meantime I'm gonna have to go in and manually re-sort those folders...

thanks,
rich

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:57am
Print Post  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rjb
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 11th, 2011 at 9:40pm:
This is a feature we've been needing to add for a long time.  I'll get back to you this later today (California time).

OK, thanks Jerry - if there's a workaround I'd love to know about it...  If not, I'll live...

thanks,
rich

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
This is a feature we've been needing to add for a long time.  I'll get back to you this later today (California time).

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rjb
Sort by date added?
Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Hi there - A recent change in Bookmacster resulted in a couple of very large folders of mine being unintentionally sorted alphabetically - this has ruined the prioritization of those folders for me.  Is there any way I can re-sort a folder by date added?

Thanks!
rich

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint