Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic new version and editing (Read 6377 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: new version and editing
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 1:09am
Print Post  
schnide wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 10:56pm:
…it crashes every time I try to go to the help menu. I then closed the BookMaster document and was able to get to the help menu.
Thank you, Joe.  From your data we were able to pinpoint some bad programming in populating menus, which is affected by open documents, so that explains that crash, and we just fixed it.

schnide wrote on Sep 1st, 2011 at 12:11am:
Another update to check on as still can not edit a link in the document without it crashing on the 10.6.8 iMac.
The data we received is indeed from an iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.8.  It includes 8 crashes from late yesterday afternoon, all occurring in 5 minutes between 17:20 and 17:24.  It also includes 5 crashes from this afternoon, 1 at 16:35 and 4 between 17:38-17:40.  However, all 13 crashes occurred at exactly the same point in the menu-populating part.  It is odd that this would crash when you change a bookmark name.  But the Mac OS can decide to repopulate menus at any time, and I've often seen it happen at times when it doesn't make sense to me.  So, if the clock-times of these 13 crashes are about the times you were changing bookmark names, then I'd say that all 13 crashes were caused by this same bug.  I still haven't seen any crashes here, but menu-populating is system-dependent and load-dependent, so it's weird but possible.

schnide wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 10:56pm:
At that point I run the Trouble Zipper and get the error: sh: /bin/mkDir: No such file or directory.  So I went to edit and changed all instances of mkDir to mkdir and ran the script.
…and it worked.  Thank you – very nice to have sophisticated users!  I have no idea how that happened, except that some times AppleScript Editor "helpfully" "corrects" character case of when it thinks that it recognizes an application term.  Arghh!!  Anyhow, a fixed Trouble Zipper has just been uploaded.

Back to BookMacster – We'll beat on this new version 1.7.1 for a few hours or so and then publish it on the beta feed.

Thanks again for the help, Joe.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

schnide
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Another update to check on as still can not edit a link in the document without it crashing on the 10.6.8 iMac.

IP Logged

schnide
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:12pm:
Thank you for the report, Joe.  I just booted into 10.6.8 to retest BookMacster 1.7 beta.  Found no problem editing bookmark names.

Please relaunch BookMacster on your 10.6.8 Mac, click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper and send me the result.  It should pick up all of today's crash reports, plus any BookMacster entries in your console logs, system info, etc.

Tried to do that and it crashes every time I try to go to the help menu. I then closed the BookMaster document and was able to
get to the help menu. At that point I run the Trouble Zipper and get the error:
sh: /bin/mkDir: No such file or directory

So I went to edit and changed all instances of mkDir to mkdir and ran the script. The files is attached.

Thanks
Joe

BookMacster_Trouble_008.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the report, Joe.  I just booted into 10.6.8 to retest BookMacster 1.7 beta.  Found no problem editing bookmark names.

Please relaunch BookMacster on your 10.6.8 Mac, click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper and send me the result.  It should pick up all of today's crash reports, plus any BookMacster entries in your console logs, system info, etc.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

schnide
new version and editing
Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Downloaded the new version on my 10.6.8 Mac. Now whenever I go to change the name of a saved link it crashs. It doesn't matter if I try to do it via a click on the name or try to do it via inspector. It has crashed every time and I've tried it probably a dozen times. Let me know info you need as this one is reproducible. I have also installed the update on a Mac running Lion and was able to change the name of the link via clicking on the name without a problem.

Thanks
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint