Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster won't launch (Read 6150 times)
Glenda
Re: BookMacster won't launch
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Yes, thank you, Jerry, it's working now. I'm just now installing v. 1.7.2.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Glenda, your message seems to indicate that BookMacster is working now.  If that's not true, or if you have any more trouble, tell us what version of BookMacster you have.  If it won't launch, you can get the version by selecting it in Finder, clicking in the menu File ▸ Get Info, and scrolling through the Info.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Glenda
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 6:31am
Print Post  
I need that yawn smiley now too. In other news, though, I shut my computer down last night and, when I started it up again today, BookMacster was there asking if I wanted to install the latest version. So I did, thinking that might fix the problem, and it seemed to. BookMacster disappeared after the update was installed, which is what it had done last night and I was a bit worried, but I went to my recent items stack, clicked on it, and it launched with no trouble and invited me to update my Chrome plug-in. I updated that too, and BookMacster has gone on working with no problem that I can see. But to answer your question, what I meant when I said it didn't launch at all was that I double-clicked on the icon in the Applications folder, the screen flickered a bit as if it were launching, and then there was nothing - no icon in the Dock, or in the menubar, and no open window on my desktop. I hope that helps. I'm going to get some sleep now, too, and look for your reply whenever it's ready, no hurry.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Glenda wrote on Sep 1st, 2011 at 5:26am:
Today when I came home and woke up my computer, I got a message from BookMacster saying that there had been an error … but I never saw a window open
Thank you for the report, Glenda.  That could happen sometimes, due to a bug.  This bug has been fixed in BookMacster 1.7, which is available on the beta feed.  But, that's not the issue you're dealing with now…

I can't launch BookMacster at all
What are the indications of that?  I mean, if you double-click the BookMacster icon, after a few seconds, BookMacster should show in the menu bar, indicating that it is launched and is the active application.  What happens when you do that?

Let me just take a minute to thank you for the incredibly responsive, courteous, and helpful support that you provide.
Thank you.  But it is getting late here now.  Our next response will probably not be until tomorrow.  (Darn, I see we don't have a smiley for "Yawn".)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Glenda
BookMacster won't launch
Sep 1st, 2011 at 5:26am
Print Post  
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed and solved, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Today when I came home and woke up my computer, I got a message from BookMacster saying that there had been an error and did I want to review and fix it now or later? I chose "now" and the dialog box disappeared, but I never saw a window open and list the problem and what to do to fix it. So I clicked on some of the menu items in BookMacster, like show log and reports and check for duplicates. There were no results, and some of the menu items were empty spaces. I thought if I quit BookMacster and relaunched it, the notification of the error might come up again and I could deal with it then. But now I can't launch BookMacster at all, which means, unfortunately, that I can't send you a trouble zipper. Would you like the Console log with BookMacster messages? Maybe I should just reinstall it and go from there.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.1 (Lion) on a 13" MacBook Pro from 2009 with maxed-out memory and a 500 GB hard drive.

Let me just take a minute to thank you for the incredibly responsive, courteous, and helpful support that you provide.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint