Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Moving Safari Reading List into Safari Bookmarks (Read 15992 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Moving Safari Reading List into Safari Bookmarks
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Hello Christopher,

If you create a Bookmarkshelf with Safari as a Client initially, the following would have been set by default.  But otherwise, Reading List items would be hard to find as you have noted.

First of all, the Bookmarkshelf must be structured with a Reading/Unsorted folder.  (The reason for the funky name Reading/Unsorted is that it gets bookmarks from Reading List in Safari and from Unsorted Bookmarks in Firefox.)  Click the tool Settings, tab Structure and make sure that the Reading/Unsorted checkbox is switched on:

If the Reading List checkbox was off, and you switch it on, you'll now have a Reading/Unsorted, but it will be empty.  In order to populate it, you must Import from Safari again by clicking in the menu: Bookmarkshelf ▸ Import (Safari [and possibly others]).  This will move Reading List bookmarks which had been mixed in at the root level during previous imports into Reading/Unsorted.

The second thing is to make sure that you're viewing folders.

The you can easily see everything in your Reading List (Reading/Unsorted).  In the screenshot, I have two bookmarks in my Reading/Unsorted.

Let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Christopher Allen
Moving Safari Reading List into Safari Bookmarks
Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
There doesn't seem to be any way to use the Find mechanism to identify only the bookmarks in my Safari Reading List (which appears to be a blackhole in which bookmarks get lost in). There are many find criteria possible, but I don't see one for identifying the folder or reading list that a bookmark is in.

What I want to do is select them all, and then move them into a Bookmarks folder, then I can use BookMacster's find duplicate mechanism to remove duplicates.

-- Christopher Allen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint