Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Open All in Tabs? (as in URLMP) (Read 7708 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Open All in Tabs? (as in URLMP)
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
The new Visit All feature is now available in BookMacster 1.14, as a beta version.  Here is how to get it…

http://www.sheepsystems.com/files/support_articles/bkmx/get-beta.html

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

qb
Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 3:38pm:
Thank you for the follow-up, qb.  We've been working on this feature for a few hours now.  We're going to call it Visit All, since Visit is less ambiguous than Open in this context.

"A rose by any other name..."
Purrrrrfect.

On a side note I have never gotten any email notices when you have replied to this topic. I'll search the forum to see if this is a topic but I did check online in iCloud and none are in my junk folder....

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up, qb.  We've been working on this feature for a few hours now.  We're going to call it Visit All, since Visit is less ambiguous than Open in this context.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

qb
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Hello Jerry - you are correct about the action URLMP does (or did as that is one of the now-broken features). It defats to TABS if my Safari prefs are set to Open in Tabs and to new Windows otherwise.

So an OPEN ALL feature would be great.

thx for checking in so fast. I've used BookMacster on 3 systems and Dropbox, find it easily imported URLMP's exported bookmarks (2217 of them). I plan to become a SWITCHER today!

thanks
qb

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 1:18am
Print Post  
So I just dusted off our old Powerbook G4, launched URL Manager Pro 3.5, and tested its Open in Tabs feature, both from the Status Menulet and from the contextual menu in the Cabinet window.  It does not work as expected.  Although all of the bookmarks in the folder open in the browser, they open in separate windows, not separate tabs.  So I think I am correct in saying that what we really want in BookMacster is an Open All feature.  Whether they open in windows or tabs depends on the preferences you have set in the web browser, Safari or whatever.

Someone please let me know if I am wrong.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Hello, QB.

BookMacster does not have this feature at this time, but you're not the first person to request it.  I'm going to look into adding this feature and I'll get back to you in an hour or two.

On the back end, I'm wondering what is the difference between Open all and Open all in Tabs.  I have my browsers set to open URLs from other application in tabs.  So it's the browser that decides whether these things open in new tabs or new windows.  Is that correct?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

qb
Open All in Tabs? (as in URLMP)
Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Hello - I'm a long time URL Manager Pro user looking for a replacement bookmark manager that works right. URLMP has the ability to open a FOLDER of URLs from the menu by picking a "Open All in Tabs" command.

I don't see anyway to do this from the BookMacster MENU. I see I can select multiple URLs in the application and CMD-K "VISIT n Web Pages"

Ive searched the HELP and these Forums.

Is there some way from the BM Menu to open all URLs in a folder?

thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint