Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Just want to synchro my browser automatically? (Read 11044 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Just want to synchro my browser automatically?
Reply #9 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 4:08am
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.19.2 is was published a few hours ago.  It works around a bug in Mac OS X 10.9 which was making syncing unreliable, and we did some other improvements in the area of syncing.  "Works perfectly for us now."

To update a BookMacster to the latest version, activatate BookMacster and click in the menu: BookMacster > Check for Update.  To restart syncing,

• If the Syncing button in the toolbar is still showing a green dot, click it to “Pause” syncing.
• File > Import from whatever browsers you need to.
• Verify the Content, reorganize as desired.
• Click the Syncing button in the toolbar to restart syncing (green dot).
• Export when prompted.

Thank you all for your patience, and let me know if you have any more trouble.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.19.2, possibly resolving non-syncing issues, will be published in a day or two, probably on the beta channel.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Elayea
Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure the syncing time set up isn't the issue because every time I wait at least 30 minutes before calling it "not working". Anyway, thanks for all of your hard work

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Elayea wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 5:23am:
I really like this app so I hope it will work consistently!
By default, BookMacster  4-5 minutes before triggering a sync, and also syncs are throttled to occur no more often frequently than every 5 minutes.  This is done to conserve system resources.  You can reduce these waits to 0-1 minutes in Preferences > Syncing.  Is that possibly the issue?

Also, do keep on the lookout for those Document no longer exists thingeys if  trouble persists, and let me know.  We're working on that issue, and it may be associated with Mavericks, but of course that's a must-fix for us.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Elayea
Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick response!

So something weird's going on: after I posted the last message, I quit BookMacster and then waited a while, then the syncing started working! I was super happy for a while, and then I opened it again to check the log like you said. I didn't see any messages that said "Document no longer exists.  Forget it and abort.?" and then I closed it again, and now it's not syncing anymore  Cry I don't understand! To clarify though, I think it's not syncing mostly because it's not importing the newly added bookmarks, b/c after it didn't sync again I opened the app again and the new bookmark wasn't in my master list.

and yes, I am using the new Mavericks... is that the issue? I really like this app so I hope it will work consistently!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Hello, Elayea.

Two other users reported this problem in the last couple days, and although we're unable to reproduce it, we're updating some of the methods that could coneivably cause this if they failed.  Please do this…
  • Activate BookMacster
  • Click in the menu: BookMacster > Logs….  A window will open.
  • In the Messages tab, in the Search field, enter exist
Do you see any messages indicating Document no longer exists.  Forget it and abort.?  If so, are they timestamped a few minutes after a bookmarks change in a browser which should have triggered a sync?

Also, are you using the new Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Chacapamac wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Where is the setting for the auto-update
In your original message you referred to auto update all my browsers base on Safari or better any changes in any browsers.  I would restate that as I want the bookmarks in my different browsers to be synced.

Because you have activated Simple Agents, your browsers are synced.

Chacapamac wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
if Bookmaster need to be open to make it work?
No, and on the contrary, Agents are able to do their work with fewer moving parts if you leave BookMacster quit.  Quit BookMacster until the next time you need to do bookmarks housekeeping/reorganization.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Chacapamac
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Thank you Jerry, really clear now...

Where is the setting for the auto-update and if Bookmaster need to be open to make it work?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Chacapamac wrote on Jun 4th, 2013 at 9:21pm:
I installed and export my bookmark already.  Now I just want to keep my browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) all synchro and if it’s possible automatically.
Hello, Chacapamac.  You've done your first export, and all of the settings in your screenshots are correct to achieve automatic syncing of Safari, Firefox and Chrome.  Looks to me like you are all set up and rolling.

All my Safe Limit are set to infinite (I want everything sync- Don’t know if Ok)
No, that's not what Safe Limit means.  It limits the number of changes, which means new bookmarks, deleted bookmarks, renamed bookmarks, bookmarks moved to a different folder, etc. during a single sync operation.  Unless you work so fast that you might, say, add more than 25 bookmarks in 5 minutes, you should set those back to the default value of 25.

I cannot put Auto Import because Agent are there?
You can, but we don't recommend it because there is no benefit.  In your setup, your bookmarks are being syncd automatically by Agents.  Auto-Import just adds more moving parts.  Leave it off.

I just want to set it to auto update all my browsers base on Safari or better any changes in any browsers will be ported to the others.  Can I do that?
The setup you have will import any changes in any browsers as you desire.  If someone else wanted to import only changes from Safari, in Settings > Clients, they would switch off the Import checkboxes for Firefox and Chrome.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Chacapamac
Just want to synchro my browser automatically?
Jun 4th, 2013 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I installed and export my bookmark already.

Now I just want to keep my browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) all synchro and if it’s possible automatically.

I’m a little confuse how to achieve that.

All my Safe Limit are set to infinite (I want everything sync- Don’t know if Ok)

I cannot put Auto Import because Agent are there?????

I just want to set it to auto update all my browsers base on Safari or better any changes in any browsers will be ported to the others....

Can I do that?

settings.jpg ( 73 KB | 310 Downloads )
settings.jpg
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint