Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BookMacster, Xmarks & Windows (Read 3797 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: BookMacster, Xmarks & Windows
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Gunn.

HiredGunn wrote on Nov 11th, 2013 at 6:20pm:
First, is it possible to transfer my existing Xmarks bookmarks to BookMacster
Not directly from Xmarks.  In BookMacster, you will import from the browser(s) that have the bookmarks you want.

if so, how?
When you first launch BookMacster, in the How can BookMacster help you window, you will choose Cross-Browser Syncing.  Shortly thereafter you will be asked if you want to Import from Clients now?  Click Do It.

Second, does BookMacster work with browsers in Windows -- XP, 7 and 8?
Again, not directly.  During the last few years, the makers of Safari, Firefox and Chrome have greatly improved their own proprietary syncing services (iCloud, Firefox Sync, and Sign in to Google).  We recommend that you use those services, and use BookMacster as the missing bridge among them.  For slightly complex cases such as yours, you should take a few minutes to sketch out how your system is going to work, following the examples given here.

Third, have any problems been found with respect to Mavericks?
Well, yes, but we've already been through that and things have been quiet in the latest version 1.19.5.  Make sure you have all of your Xmarks extensions disabled, at least on your Mac, before getting started with BookMacster.

Finally, I have the premium LastPass/Xmarks account, which worked beautifully until recently. Is there anything similar with BookMacster?
No.  BookMacster is a Mac app with a permanent license that you buy once.

We'll be around if you have any more questions.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:48pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

HiredGunn
BookMacster, Xmarks & Windows
Nov 11th, 2013 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
With Firefox totally unstable in all operating systems and Xmarks problems in Safari (and never available in the Windows version) -- plus the new Mavericks problems -- I'm looking at BookMacster as an alternative, but have some questions to which I can't find clear answers.

First, is it possible to transfer my existing Xmarks bookmarks to BookMacster -- and, if so, how?

Second, does BookMacster work with browsers in Windows -- XP, 7 and 8?

Third, have any problems been found with respect to Mavericks?

Finally, I have the premium LastPass/Xmarks account, which worked beautifully until recently. Is there anything similar with BookMacster?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint