Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Error: 519891 (Read 6393 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Error: 519891
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:18am:
Rob Lewis wrote on Dec 10th, 2014 at 6:58pm:
For some reason the file's "automatically open at launch" box was unchecked. Don't know how this could have happened (I didn't do it)
BookMacster probably did that in response to the error.  The idea is to prevent the error from reccurring – don't try to open something which has failed to open.

On another matter, I don't remember checking the box to install alpha versions, but it was checked. I might have done it in a fit of devil-may-care recklessness, but it doesn't sound like me Smiley [I'm generally OK with beta versions]
I may have talked you into it at one point.  We like our beta testers, and alpha testers especially.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:18am
Print Post  
For some reason the file's "automatically open at launch" box was unchecked. Don't know how this could have happened (I didn't do it)
BookMacster probably did that in response to the error.  The idea is to prevent the error from reccurring – don't try to open something which has failed to open.

On another matter, I don't remember checking the box to install alpha versions, but it was checked. I might have done it in a fit of devil-may-care recklessness, but it doesn't sound like me Smiley [I'm generally OK with beta versions]
I may have talked you into it at one point.  We like our beta testers and alpha testers especially.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rob Lewis
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Jerry. For some reason the file's "automatically open at launch" box was unchecked. Don't know how this could have happened (I didn't do it), but I guess it's fixed now.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Rob Lewis wrote on Dec 8th, 2014 at 5:53pm:
next to my bookmark file are two others with the computer name and date appended to the filename, and a third with "~" appended. (Can I delete these?)
Yes, Rob.  They are old versions of your bookmarks which OS X archives for safety after a new version of BookMacster makes a new data model.  We've not done that for a year or so.

Rob Lewis wrote on Dec 8th, 2014 at 5:53pm:
After I dismissed the error message, BookMacster offers to open the file, and it seems fine as far as I can tell.
Don't worry about it, then.  When one of our apps asks OS X for a document file, our app waits 15 seconds or so, then gives up and presents the error you saw.  15 seconds is thought to be the limit of a typical user's patience Smiley 

If this happens again, please click the life preserver icon in the lower left corner of the error dialog.  That creates an email to us,  including not only the information in the dialog, but a bunch of underlying information that is often helpful.  The life preserver is the way to go!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rob Lewis
Error: 519891
Dec 8th, 2014 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
I just logged into my OS X account and the system was trying to restore a rather complicated state from my last session.

Partway through, I got an Error: 519891 from BookMacster:
Could not find file for this Bookmarkshelf which is set to open when BookMacster launches:
<my standard bookmark file, with document uuid>

Suggestion to fix: ignore if you have discarded the document (I haven't, it is still in /Dropbox/Apps/BookMacster) or determine what happened to it and restore it.

Underlying cause: OS X could not provide name nor path from alias record…
No stdout from helper
SSYShellTasker: task timed out (and was killed)

--------------

This may all be completely benign, as I haven't started trying to troubleshoot. I just wanted to get this on record before the error message goes away.

Don't know if it means anything, but next to my bookmark file are two others with the computer name and date appended to the filename, and a third with "~" appended. (Can I delete these?)

This file is being synced with BookMacster on another Mac.

After I dismissed the error message, BookMacster offers to open the file, and it seems fine as far as I can tell.

Program version is 1.22.23.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint